2024 - 10 min. to build a free native iOS/Android app 🔷

Hi @boostsalesgroup

I would like to be further advanced on this matter. I tested OneSignal on Mac and PC, and it works fine. I didn’t have the chance to test it inside the iOS app since a setup is to be done.

You can retrieve the address book, use the camera and mic also.

3 Likes

I’m confused, is this a wrapper or native application? I’m getting mixed messages. Is it any different than setting up a webview in Xcode or Android studio myself?

“Jasonelle is basically a native application, with a ‘wrapper’ which is simply an htlm window of the same type as we have with Bubble.”

It’s possible to build a native app using Jasonelle if you leverage JSON to define your frontend. However, if you’re just using the webview functionality to load your Bubble app, then you’re using web technologies, NOT native technologies. Does this make sense?

Yes, so what @JohnMark did in his “6 Easy Steps” above, is that leveraging JSON for the front-end or is it simply a webview?

Webview. He’s not building out any UI elements using JSON in the above example, he’s loading a full Bubble web app, UI and all through the webview provided by Jasonelle. It’s essentially a much easier, free version of using Webview Gold or Superview.

3 Likes

Hi @seth.griffin,

That’s a good idea. Can you share some tips for setting up a webview with Xcode and Studio? There is a major advantage that should not be forgotten. Once you first submitted your app to Apple and Google, you no longer need to use their compiler to make native changes and resubmit your project. For example, if I want to add the native audio recorder, I can do it in minutes directly in my Jasonelle json configuration file which initially has 7 command lines. The change is instantaneous on iOS and Android. It’s much easier for us to edit a batch file than using 2 compilers and do programming in my humble opinion.

Here an example how to build a webview in xcode.

1 Like

Here an example of adding a native audio recorder to your Bubble web app and send the file to an external webhook (can be s3) with 7 simple commands. Just copy and past this code and you’re set.

• $audio.record will call the Jasonelle recorder
  • after recording (success), it send the file with the $network.request.
  • url is where the file go.

To receive the file, I use > Integromat Scenario webhook command, then convert the base64 file to a binary file (audio is a m4a type), and then send directly to Amazon S3 drive. It take 10 minutes to do so.

com-video-to-gif

This is what looks your new Jasonelle text file (json format).

in Bubble, you add a simple HTML window with your own image of recorder.

14%20AM

The recorder look like this:

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Bubble and Jasonelle are now good friends :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That’s Greate!

1 Like

Hi @akrylov

Thanks, and welcome to Bubble.

source: Jasonelle

1 Like

@JohnMark, thanks for the good stuff! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@lottemint.md thanks.

Real things about Jasonelle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is the speed of the app fully handled by jasonelle or depending on Bubble

1 Like

Using the webview component of Jasonelle means you’re loading the Bubble app thru a web browser, so unless you rebuild the UI using JSON, it’s still all Bubble.

Hi @nocodeventure

To be efficient in speed, I suggest building your Bubble app with the least workflow possible and optimizing the use of Workflows APIs. This way, the download speed will be very fast and the result for the end user enjoyable, and all without using a single line of native Jasonelle code. Using the Swipe to Workflow plugin from @levon you get impressive results.

Were you able to accomplish native back swiping between different pages?

1 Like

Does the play store accept apps from jasonelle? I guess the main reason why they wouldn’t want this is because I could wrap other people’s web apps and make apps for myself?

1 Like

The Play Store accepts webview apps, it’s only the Apple App Store you may have a problem with.

2 Likes

Hi @nocodeventure

There is no problem with Apple or Play Store, just follow their rules of conduct. Packing other websites is probably not very ‘ethical’, unless you have obtained permission from them.