Add milliseconds to date/time fields in database/App Data table

@emmanuel and @josh

It would be helpful to have milliseconds added to data/time fields in the database/App Data tab to better understand the sequence of transactions.

The example below has multiple records created at 8:30 and 8:29. If the format had milliseconds (e.g. 08:29:00:1300; 08:29:00:1330; 08:29:00:1400) the sorting of “Create Date” or “Modified Date” would be more accurate.

4 Likes

Would a solution be to use your own repeating group and either:

1. Use a custom date format on the relevant date fields of form HH:MM:ss.L

or

1. Use the UNIX extract of the date

(I am new to Bubble but have been looking at showing the timing of events down to the millisecond and these options seem to work)

Simon

1 Like

I don’t want to create repeating groups for all of the tables in my database. This should be a fairly straightforward enhancement for the @Bubble team.

1 Like

Did you ever submit a request for enhancement on this via the bug report form? I think it’s worth doing!

The Bug report page is supposed to be for bug reports. The idea section is supposed to be used for Requests for Enhancements, although I’m not sure how often the Bubble team looks at this section anymore.

I’d just submit a bug report. It’s clearly an enhancement that multiple folks have noted as being essential for certain situations.

(When the team finds a certain thing not doable at the moment they’ll give feedback on that.)

1 Like

@Kfawcett We read the idea section on the forum and feature requests sent to support. Regarding this issue, exposing milliseconds in database entries can add clutter and increase complexity for users in searches. What would be the limitation on your end saving unix timestamp instead to a different field?

Thanks for responding @neerja. It’s my opinion that this is something better enabled at the platform level. Having to implement “workarounds” to view more accurate timing is not something I want to do. It, in itself, adds more complexity and build time to the app(s) I’m creating.

I’m open to having the idea rejected by Bubble. Maybe it’s worth adding some additional subsections to the Idea category to show that it’s been viewed, approved, rejected. Otherwise, the community doesn’t really know if it’s been viewed by the Bubble team.

1 Like

@Kfawcett Thanks for the additional context. Our engineering team will review and we’ll post back.

Regarding better tags for ideas, we will certainly think about this but given that our engineering team’s prioritization changes, the progress towards ideas and their feasibility/ETA can also change.

Thanks Neerja!

There was another post that we discussed with some additional options. I’ve seen a few vendors with blurbs that mention stuff like “we cannot guarantee that they will be added to the product roadmap” and “even ideas that are approved are not guaranteed as Company must balance community input with strategic direction.”.