Adding a youtube video

Simply trying to add a YouTube video. It asks for a video ID, which is simple, but I can’t figure out how to input it. Can’t I just add the url or ID? The menu I get when I click on video ID opens a drop down that starts with things like “Current User, do a search for, get data from an external API, etc…” I am simply trying to add the url or ID to pipe in video. Nothing fancy or complicated. Please advise.

1 Like

Just copy paste the video id. That’s this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AatnixKsbsw -> AatnixKsbsw

4 Likes

Thank you for the assistance. I completely understand the video ID part. Where do I paste it to? Nothing in the documentation gives a path. Can you please share the path for where to paste the video ID so the video will upload and play?

Just paste that in the property editor, below picking ‘youtube’

2 Likes

Thank you. First few links I tried were bad. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I nested the video box nested inside of a repeating group. Apparently, this is causing my video not to load. Am I doing something wrong or Bubble does not like when you place a video box inside of a repeating group? I’m trying to accomplish horizontal scrolling of video’s.

3 Likes

Youtube has changed their links to .be

My video does not play if I add their new link nor the suffix to your Video Id:

Does Bubble have a support person to help? I looked at the manual and the videos. Thank you,
Jenny

Custom plugins like video js player are good alternatives while you wait for bubble to update their own stuff.

1 Like