Announcing a new pricing and the ability to buy server capacity

Certain things in Bubble, like loading a new page, running workflows that modify data, or doing a search require the user’s web browser to talk to the Bubble web servers, and the web servers to do work. You can now pay for having the servers reserve more time to do that work, which means that you can do more of it at once. That means a) you can have more users using your app without things slowing down, and b) really time-consuming searches and workflows might run faster.

This will only speed things up if you’re already hitting limits, though. If you’re not, it just means that the app design or the bubble code needs to be faster. You can check the Logs tab in the editor to see if upgrading would speed things up.

3 Likes

Yes, but we now allow you to have private apps on a free plan, and you can have as many free plans as you want. So it’s no longer “you buy a plan for yourself, and that tells you how many apps you can have”, it’s “you pick a plan for each of your apps, including the free plan”. There are no longer any limits on the numbers of apps you can have – you can have as many free and paid apps as you’d like.

4 Likes

Cool- do you have a screenshot of the ‘branding’ on the free plan?

I can imagine using for testing MVPs before moving them across to paid.

Yeah, that’s the idea! Here’s a sample app I just built: https://test-free-plan.bubbleapps.io/

2 Likes

Hi,
Can we go back to the legacy free plan?

What’s the value in the legacy free plan that you don’t get from the new free plan? I think I’m missing something.

3 Likes

I only need 1 app and don’t want to have the Bubble branding…

I see. So for your needs, you’re fine to have the URL to have the bubble branding, but not the banner across the bottom?

1 Like

Yes because it doesn’t look good…

My ADD just got really expensive! All those next great thing apps I have laying around need to be paid for :frowning:

Oh well, I think this is a good move all around, especially since we can keep our current plan.

@josh Quick question about “White labeling and SEO”: Does this include removing the built on bubble html?

Grats guys, we just changed our prices on Saturday, not an easy thing to do, I think you did a graceful job!

2 Likes

Cool- I have a very light suggestion, just my opinion :wink:

The last two plan names: Production | Enterprise

rather than team and production:

• You get more than just more collaborators on ‘Team’
  • ‘Production’ is a huge jump in price more suited to bigger companies
1 Like

Couple Questions:

1. I’m already on a paid plan, mostly so I could create “private apps”, this will stay the same (legacy).

2. New Plan: Now I can create “private apps” on the free plan and then migrate to a “paid plan” when I am ready to commit?

3. Would it make sense to migrate all my apps to the “free plan” , make them private, develop then migrate to paid when ready to commit.

was I paying attention or am I just confused?

A great initiative! And so far seemingly very well rolled out.
A question - moving onto the new regime involves an instant bill relating to your selections, and a cancellation of your current legacy plan - will you be refunding the pro-rated amount for the legacy subscription paid in a given month on switching?

1 Like

How can we white label, and remove “made on Bubble” title header?

“On paid plans, you can white label your app to remove the Bubble branding”

2 Likes

I have question about Scheduled workflows - Run monthly - what does is really mean? So I can run some schedule workflows only once per month?

I mean I’m currently on a legacy plan and I can schedule to run as many scheduled workflows as I want per month.

So this option in new pricing plan is quite confusing me.

3 Likes

This is regarding the recurring workflows. Scheduling is possible on all paid plan, and monthly is the frequency allowed for a recurring workflow.

This isn’t built yet, but we’re going to add an optional setting to turn that off for plans that have white labeling, probably later today or tomorrow.

5 Likes

I’m on a legacy paid plan but with the pricing shift, the app is now blocking me from scheduling a workflow on a list until I migrate? I thought that the ability to run this would remain while I’m on the legacy plan?

1 Like

You should have the same options as before there. If you don’t please email us to support@bubble.is

this is great! bubble is getting out of its bubble…