Announcing a new pricing and the ability to buy server capacity

I just migrated my plans today 2 x Pro Plan and 2 onto hobby for learning Bubble.

I added extra capacity to one of the plans as the reports were timing out, how long does it take for the extra capacity to come into effect, as it’s still slow and timing out. It is using SelectPDF as the plugin for create the report in PDF.

Also it take a lot longer for the data to populate from the API coming into the app.

I appreciate your help on this :grinning:

As explained above, adding capacity helps when the app is hitting some capacity limits. Select PDF is slow because it takes some time for the external service to load the page, wait for the data to be loaded, etc. This isn’t related to your apps capacity.

It seems you are pushing more for the new plans than for dedicated which seems logical as this provides you better margins.

Will this mean you are going to provide a europe based server for these plans for your overseas customers?

How do we get the SSL? I’m having the same problem as a few others have mentioned here. When I click on the SSL checkbox, nothing seems to happen. Shouldn’t there be some kind of notification or something to tell me that the change is noted?

When the page is refreshed, the box is back unchecked.

This is fixed, sorry about this.

2 Likes

We want to do this at some point, but we don’t have a timeline yet.

Perfect! Mine is fixed now!

Works perfectly now. Thanks! And +1 UI points to you for moving the checkbox closer. :slight_smile:

@emmanuel and @josh

Question please. Since now all new plans have capacity built into them per app what are the possibilities to have preloading of data.

So right now data is only received when an element is shown but what if we want to preload the data so we can have a smoother UX ?

So essentially control over data loading for RG, Dropdowns, search boxes, etc.

Thanks

5 Likes

I’m also interested in this.
It would be nice to have a “Turbo” mode that we can turn on in order for the app to pre-load elements.
If your app slows down, you could buy more ‘power’.

I’d definitely use that feature and buy some powerups.

3 Likes

I have 4 private apps on my professional legacy plan.
When I try to make one of my public apps private so I can add a domain to it, I have no option to make it private. The only option I have is to migrate to the new pricing.

What’s up with that?

Congrats on launching the new plans. They seem to add a lot of flexibility.

I have two that are a bit unclear when it comes to staying with legacy or changing the plan. I hope I can get them confirmed here before moving on:

1. I’m being alerted that my app no longer supports scheduling of API Workflows. Is it correct that this will not work with the legacy plan? I can still access the workflows, so I wanted to double check.

2. Being on the legacy plan you are still forced to show the Bubble banner? It seems a bit strange, as I am a paying customer after all, and switching my two apps to the new plan would double my cost.

Frankly, I’m ok with a cost increase, as I see more resources for Bubble is helpful both for me and the rest of the community, but I want to make sure I’m making the right choice of plan.

This seems like there’s probably a bug: the features you have access to shouldn’t have changed with the new pricing if you are on a legacy plan. Please email support@bubble.is with the name of the apps you are seeing this with.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks!

@josh how long does it take for the extra capacity to come into effect?

I’ve had a back and forth with @emmanuel and this is what he said about that:

The capacity change occurs after 10 minutes or less, but 1 unit may not be enough if your application is very intensive.

I still struggle a bit with trying to understand what exactly an additional ‘unit’ means, but this explanation helped at least:

It’s a unit of measurement of Bubble system resources, including both server and database CPU usage. The unit is an arbitrary measure, since as we make Bubble more efficient over time, one unit goes further than it did before. It’s better to understand it in relative terms: an app with 3 units of capacity will be able to do 50% more server-side processing in a given time interval than an app with 2 units of capacity.

Unfortunately in the case of our app I have not seen any noticeable differences after adding 1 extra unit. I will gather more data, the try perhaps 2 more units although I have to say I do not find it cheap for what it gives…

2 Likes

Thanks.

So I actually ended up changing one of my apps to the new plan to get extra capacity because it was timing out 60 minutes in an hour.
I first added 2 extra units and 30 minutes later I was still timing out so I added two more.
This time when I added 4 more my card was charged $80.

I guess my question is, what happens if my app is still timing out and I add 2 more? Will I be charged every time I add more units for not only the 2 units but all the units?

@emmanuel - hi, I am on the legacy personal plan (that allowed 2 apps with custom domains, apis) and have two apps that are using custom domains, apis. I want to move one of those apps into the hobby plan and replace it with a new app that can use custom domains, etc.

Are the legacy personal plan users still allowed to have 2 white-labeled apps? And can they switch back and forth on which apps would be white-labeled, and which ones would go under the hobby plan?

1 Like

So there is no longer a limit on the number of Sub Apps a Main App can have?

Hello,

We just pushed a change to legacy users to make managing their apps easier. Now, instead of automatically putting the new app on a legacy plan if you are under the limit of private apps of the original plan, all new apps are created on a Hobby plan.

You can change the plan yourself in the App Plan section in the Settings Tab. You can also decide to downgrade apps if you want. The only limit here will be the number of private apps you original plan offered.

2 Likes