Announcing a new pricing and the ability to buy server capacity

There never were a limit there.

thanks @emmanuel - have been unable to change from legacy to hobby and vise-versa. Have sent an email to support regarding this. Thanks.

The only problem with this new pricing plan, is that now the cost of 1 extra GB is $1. But Iā€™m pretty sure it used to be $0.03 per 1 extra GB. So there is a $0.97 increase per GB used. That is going to add tremendous cost increases to some apps.

@emmanuel Am I missing something in regards to storage costs? On the dedicated plan are there storage limits?

3 Likes

I just bought an annual personal plan for one of my sites. I want to try the professional plan to see if it makes a difference to speed- can I upgrade for one month and try?

You can modify your plan during the billing period (in your case a year) and the amount will be prorated. So in this case, youā€™ll pay the difference for the Professional plan for the remaining part of the year, and if you decide to downgrade the amount will be credited to your account for next payments.

Great thanks man

Hi Guys - will you consider allowing daily scheduled workflows on the professional plan? Here is my case:

• Professional plan has reserved capacity
  • You guys no longer restrict the number of workflows
  • This is already possible using a Zapier integration, but itā€™s yet another service that we have to integrate with just to achieve a simple cron job

I would also be willing to pay like $10 a month for this if you are trying use it as an upsell. But going from Pro -> Team plan just for this feature is too much of a price jump.

1 Like

@josh any sense on how we can forecast increased need for capacity? Weā€™re on the Team Plan and one of our apps has reached max capacity while still in development. Given a large number of expected users soon, Iā€™m trying to plan for what our real costs will be as we add users (and if the economics of a Bubble app have just changed materially). Also, can you confirm if the recently observed slow editor speed is related to this? Weā€™ve had several complaints from our team of developers about editor speed recently and Iā€™ve seen comments suggesting these concepts (of capacity units and speed) are related.

Hey @uproute, see my comments here about hitting capacity limits while in development: Getting a lot of these today, is it me? .

Editor speed should be unrelated to your appā€™s capacity: running the editor is counted against our Bubble homepage capacity, not against the capacity of the app being edited. When Iā€™ve investigated slow editor issues in the past, it generally tends to be really huge pages with a ton of elements on them. One workaround for this is to break up the page into several custom elements. If youā€™re seeing very slow editor speeds on a page that doesnā€™t have a lot of stuff on it, please file a bug report.

@rushabh Itā€™s a workaround, but you can just use Zapier.

Set the trigger as a scheduled time each day. Then the action would be a webhook that pings the desired workflow in your Bubble app.

Youā€™ll be able to do this on the free Zapier plan so long as you donā€™t need to do it more than 100 times per month.

Reach out if you need help getting setup.

Thanks Andrew. Yep Iā€™m currently using Zapier.

My point is that with the new pricing plans and move from workflow limits to capacity limits (and given that the pro plan as dedicated capacity), the restriction on daily scheduled workflows seems arbitrary now.

Iā€™m sure I read somewhere from @emmanuel / @josh that itā€™s because the scheduling bit is more server labour. intensive

One more question about server capacity : what is the approximate equivalent of the personal plan in term of units ?
When going from personal to profesional plan, how much will that help for server capacity issues ?

The Professional plan and up come with 2 units of reserves capacity.

Ok, and the personal one is like 1 unit with no reserved capacity ? So something equivalent to half a unit or less ?

Personal is no reserved units.

For the free plan, I was thinking it would be nice if the bubble banner only appeared in the deployed version. So you can test your app banner free :slight_smile:

I think it still incentivises paying for a full plan once your happy since youā€™ll want to remove when you go liveā€¦ just a thought!

One of my app is based on a monthly sales cycle. Most of days are calm. Capacity limits are momentarily reached.
Is auto-scaling on the roadmap, or even feasible? like Herokuā€™s feature

2 Likes

Iā€™m more willing to pay 6 extra capacity units 10 days in a row when I do need them than 2 extra capacity units throughout the month

4 Likes

Itā€™s definitely something weā€™d like to do in the future. Right now we need to manually scale up and down our own capacity as users scale theirs, which limits the degree to which we can automate this, but I expect over the next 6 months to a year that will change.

5 Likes