Any Australian Bubblers?

Looking to say hello to some australian bubblers. Starting to feel like this website is 99% europeans. Wheres my aussies at?

2 Likes

Well I can’t say for sure if they are on the forum, but we have a lot of Australian users :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m Aussie - Sydney based. Always happy to catch up and throw about some Bubble ideas if you are local.

I’m south aussie :frowning:

and its great to hear there are Australian users

+1 for melbourne

1 Like

I’m Aussie - Brisbane :grinning:

1 Like

I’m Aussie - Gold Coast

2 Likes

I run the Sydney Bubble Meetup and Event Brite with evenings starting again soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just returned from a two week visit to Sydney. Would love to have met up with some Bubblers while there.

1 Like

I’m here in sunny Brisbane :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • Brisbane
2 Likes

I’m from Sydney - keen to meet/chat with other Australian Bubblers

1 Like

In Hobart, Tassie

1 Like

Perth, here.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but thought I’d reply anyway.

I am in Brisbane and run a startup for musicians to find others in their city to jam with. It’s called Jam Scene. I am using bubble for the current version of our website.

What is everyone else working on?

Hey Jam Scene sounds cool! I am over web design / low coder in Geraldton WA. Bubble is on my radar for potential client projects.

I am patching short term MVP’s together with zapier, webflow, Wordpress, airtable etc as opposed to Bubble at present. I have been building low code database apps for 10 + years with FileMaker.

My main stumbling block Bubble design tools, no Australian servers and app performance, downtime risk. Can’t take chances for client work!.

How are you guys finding app performance? Non issue?

HI @hamish, I am in Tasmania and have built an enterprise app on bubble and we are now have alpha clients. I also have a number of apps on AWS in Sydney not bubble. I have not seen any major performance issues that can not be fixed with efficient bubble development. We will eventually get a dedicated bubble server in Australia, but until then we have found the current service as good as any. It all sits on AWS. The only issues we have found is when Bubble updates the code without telling anyone an updated has been pushed, other than major updates. In most parts this is not an issue, but when it causes problems it’s frustrating. However, given that we can scale in the future in Australia is a plus!

1 Like

Hi Steve. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes, sounds like my build skills will be more of a performance hurdle than the servers to start with so I best get building and learning.

Overall has to be better than managing your own server performance for apps.

Must be getting a bit frosty in Tasy!

Yep, it is a huge thing not having to manage the servers yourself. Yes best way is to get into it and start trying things out. It’s very satisfying once you get to a good level of knowledge you can wake up with an idea and just do it!

Yep is very frosty and very early frosty, in fact too early frosty hasn’t been normal for the last 10 years :confused: