API Authentication With 2 "Shared" Parameters?

I’m connecting with an API that claims to support HTTP Basic Auth. Unfortunately, I can’t get it to work. I get a 401 (unauthorized) response. (It does say that some servers don’t properly parse the headers.)

Fortunately, it also supports simply passing the “consumer key” and “consumer secret” as URL parameters with each call. This works fine when I enter both of those parameters for each call, but obviously, I don’t want the user to have to specify the exact same parameters for each endpoint, but there appears to be no authentication option that allows more than one parameter (name/value pair) for every call.

Private Key in URL is what I need, but with the ability to add more than one. Basically, I’d like to be able to add another “shared” name/value pair the same way I can Add a shared header.

Am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Steve

1 Like

Hi @shot62 , thanks for raising this challenge. I am also experiencing it and after searching for an answer/solution across the forum I have not found anything. Were you successful and did you manage to get it to work as you describe it?

@Bubblers, any input here?

Thanks!