API Connector Test/Live Parameters

Hello,

I’m using the API connector to connect my app to a handful of websites. For some api calls, you have to send a redirect uri in the parameters. This causes the following problem: I need to use different redirect uris for the test-version and the live-version of my app.

So when I deploy my current test-version to live, I have to change the redirect uris to the live values, and then back to the test values.

Is there an easier solution to this? I could set the parameters dynamically, but I then I always have to check if I’m on test-version or live - I don’t really like this solution. I think it would be easier if you could send certain parameters only on test- or live-version?

Thanks

Did you ever solve this?

I have some API calls that have live vs test parameters. And I’m wondering how I can change them between the two environments.

The live/test difference of redirect URL I have solved by using in built “Website home url” which becomes different for test and live environment automatically. Unless you want totally different URLs with different sub-path, this should solve it.

However, I have a similar need now for which I don’t have answer.

I send email to some IDs in some actions in workflows. I want the recipient email ID to be different for test and live version. Is there a way to achieve that easily without having to change them each time in live and test?

Never mind. Solved it using a database table for these kind of configurations which are automatically different for production and test. Now I don’t need to change anything when I make it live, as long as the DB table in live is reflecting right values which I have to do primarily once only.