API Connector - use most JSON APIs directly from Bubble

Correct.

@georgeciobanu

I am not seeing the ā€œMain Listā€ drop down. What am I doing wrong ?

OK, it seems to be an old plugin issue. If I create the API call exactly the same in another ā€œcleanā€ appā€¦

1 Like

Hello George,
As a first step, I believe that would be very important for app in production mode dealing with paying clients :

A forme post about this concern :

Nigel, I looked at the trest app and it looks fine. Shoot an email to support if this doesnā€™t work for one of your apps. The immediate fix is to just delete that particular call and re-create it if you run into issues, but thatā€™s not supposed to happen.

Hi - I love this feature and product. The API connector is a game changer. My question is simple, I hope.

I donā€™t want to store the results of my API call in my database, instead I want the data to exist on the client side, and only be stored later based on other actions.

Also, when calling my API, for some reason it is only populating one record at a time in the database.

Is there something simple I am missing?

I have added my list and am trying to filter my results. How do I get it to display without the cell gaps as displayed below?

Thanks, I deleted the API but not the CALL. Delete the call and it is fine.

1 Like
  1. You can use the ā€œGet data from external APIā€ option, in this case the API call has to be a Data call not an Action call

2. Depends on what youā€™re calling

1 Like

Two. Is a bit of an art form, as you need to get sample calls that return arrays to triggers bubble to let you select the list. But as above, if you have an old call, you may need to delete and recreate to pick up the arrays.

Thanks! I think I might still be missing something.

When I use the API call as a Data source, how do I map it into my repeating group and have the data display? When I make the repeating groupā€™s data source the API, it makes me select one of the response elements.

So Iā€™m not sure how to get the data from the response into the correct spots in the repeating group. Iā€™ve mapped the individual elements as wellā€¦is there something Iā€™m missing in the workflow? I think this is probably reasonably basic but I need to get more familiar with the tool.

Thanks for any more help you may be able to provideā€¦

I am pulling back an array into a repeating group here.

You will need to make sure Bubble recognises it as a list. That happens in the Plugin.

3 Likes

@georgeciobanu Any guess as to when OAuth support will be added? Iā€™m having a hell of a time with this.

2 Likes

I knew it was something simple! I hadnā€™t defined the ā€˜main listā€™ in the plug in, so it wasnā€™t pulling that back. Thanks!!

Hi @georgeciobanu. Do you have an ETA for this feature?

Thanks

2 Likes

Has anybody tried the API connector with a WordPress site? I have a potential client that insists to have their main site on WordPress and I might do the app in Bubble but I need to be able to use the WordPress site data.

Do they have a JSON api? If yes, you can.

2 Likes

I think this would do it https://wordpress.org/plugins/json-rest-api/ (havenā€™t tested it though).

1 Like

Will give it a try tomorrow. Appreciate it

Hello @georgeciobanu

Looking forward to this as i have a project that needs to be completed using Oauth. Any updates so far, i am afraid the documentation is a bit lack at the moment

thanks

3 Likes

We donā€™t have a clear timeline on Oauth support yet unfortunately.