API Connector - use most JSON APIs directly from Bubble

what happened to the client safe checkbox? am i just missing it or doing something wrong?

We removed this concept with the newer version. If you want the URL to be modifiable at the call level, just use [param_name] and you’ll have access to this.

1 Like

Is it possible to allow this in the OAUTH URLs as well ?

Or is there a reason for not doing so ?

I.e. when you authorize URL can be dynamic like shopify.

Thank you that worked! In case anyone is like me and needs things spelled out, you need to enter the param name as the value as well to make it work. So typing the parameter twice as key and value like this:

5 Likes

I am facing similar situation as @tmuelle1
I am currently developping a plugin for integrating MangoPay.
In order to use the MangoPay API, you create an account to obtain a ClientId and a passphrase.

This ClientId is as well the username used for authentification.
Then when you make calls to the API, you need to pass the ClientId in the url, for instance:

POST https://api.sandbox.mangopay.com/v2.01/[ClientId]/users/natural/

However, when doing so, I obtain a ClientId per API call while I want only one for the whole plugin:

How can I make so that in the Plugin settings, the user of the Plugin is only asked for its clientId and passphrase, and then use this ClientId in the authorisation settings AND in the api calls URL ?

For instance, in the “Shared” pannel of the Plugin editor, I would like to add two additional keys, “ClientId” and “Passphrase”, make them private, and then use them as username and password for the authentification, and the CLientId in the api calls URLs

Thanks

@raymond Curious to know if you looked into this and what was possible connecting to WP?

Hi @gf_wolfer. No I didn’t. The project was cancelled because I couldn’t give my client an answer.

1 Like

Im getting the error: Raw error for the API {“code”:“DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT”} when I initalize the api call. How to resolve?

Hello everyone! I just read this post, looking an answer for mine, but I still can’t get it.

Can anyone have a look at my post Aircall API contact creation via Bubble.is API connector - Phone List Problem

and let me know how to handle a list in api connector?

thank you all! :slight_smile:

{
“error_message”: “Browser API keys cannot have referer restrictions when used with this API.”,
“html_attributions”: [],
“status”: “REQUEST_DENIED”
}

:frowning:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/place/details/json

Following should help:

Hi

I need to call an external API with a URL parameter of addr. The addr parameter should be a value stored in the currently logged in users database. In this scenario it is a address:
http://?addr=

How can I get this parameter from Current User’s addr in the database?

Regards
Morne

Just learning to work with the Bubble api connector, but getting a bit frustrated as the interface in the Etsy tutorial is not the same as the one i’m seeing now. Am I doing something wrong or does the Etsy tutorial actually need an update?

What I see in the Etsy tutorial:

What I see when I try:

Thanks @georgeciobanu
I am using the api connector but it didn’t return a value. That’s why I need help.

After further investigation, my app didn’t send the parameters because the API was called when the page was loaded because I called the API from an input box under initial value. At that time of page loading the other input boxes that store the parameters were still blank.

However even after I input / changed the value in parameters input boxes, it still didn’t return a value.

Perhaps another solution is to call an API from pressing a button after all parameters have been inputted. But that I also didn’t see an option on how to call an API to change the value of an input box from a button workflow.