Avoid Creating New Patient/Data

Hi again,

Initially, my application accounts are created from the index page, which creates and displays a patient’s name, account number, DOB etc.

On the another page (images below), it displays the patient’s name, date of service, etc. with a search option using their acct#. This page also includes an input field to document various notes. It displays previous notes along with the related date of service when the drop down option is selected.

Here’s my problem:
Whenever I create a new note for a new date of service and save or update it, a new account is also created for same patient unnecessarily. On this page, I never want to allow new accounts to be created, because these patients are already in the system.

The only new thing that should be created is a new note when a new date of service is entered.

How can I achieve this?

This image shows the data after the selecting the previous note history, which is perfect.

This image is of the drop down of previous viewed accounts, but it listed all the new accounts created whenever a new date service was entered. This shouldn’t happen.

Also, how can I get my drop down to separate the data with correct spacing. It’s jumbled together. :upside_down_face:

What do your workflows look like when you’re creating a new note?

Hi Talbotnor,

Thanks for responding.

Here’s an image of the workflow. I know it shouldn’t be create a new “Client”, however, it’s the only way that I can create or update with a new DOS. So initially the update and save button have the same workflows.

Ok, thanks.

So what you need to do is create a new database field called “Note” or “Service”.

This will be separate to your client. On your index page is where you’ll create a new client. On the second page is where you’ll create new “Notes”.

In your DB, have the client table have “Notes” as a field (this will be a list of notes).

Then when you create a new “Note” on the second page, you’ll add this note to the client in a workflow.

Then you can select a client from the dropdown, and have the page show “This client’s list of notes”

1 Like

Ok thanks so much. I actually began creating a new database for this and stopped, thinking I was going too far. LOL I’m going to follow through and I will let you know if I can get it to work. Wish me luck!

Ok, here is my workflow…

It’s creating new database for each new DOS and each note created including updates…

But it’s not displaying what I’ve created under the View Previous Note History drop down…

Are you adding the notes to the client “thing”

What are you trying to show there? Each clients notes?

Sorry, I’m a lost on the “thing” concept. How would I achieve this? Can you provide an example of what you mean?

I would like to display each clients notes for the specific date of service that is created.

I recommend watching some tutorials from Bubble on databases and repeating groups.

Yes, I have. I’ll review them again. Thanks so much for helping me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Add a new field to database Note called User and choose User from the dropdown. Add it to your workflow. So you can add the note to that specific user.

Ok, I’m going to try this now.

Hey @simone, here’s a short video walking through exactly how to do this. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OMG, ELI THANK YOU!!! I surely missed some steps! I had know idea it could be so simple. Your approach is soooooo clean! I’m going to test this right now. I will update you once I’m done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ELI YOU’RE THEE GREATEST!!! IT WORKS. :grimacing: THANK YOU AGAIN!

1 Like

You are very welcome! Good luck with the rest of the app :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.