Basic WYSIWYG Plugin

I’m looking for someone who can create a WYSIWYG Plugin for me. Please send me a quote if you’re interested, or feel free to ask questions. I’ll add all relevant added information to this thread so everyone has access to the same info.

I’m open to arrangements that make this more valuable for you, such as us releasing it publicly to the community under your name, or most anything else like that. I know the community could use a better WYSIWYG. Please be sure to specify how you’d like to work this in your quote if you have a strong preference.

The project is due (coded, tested, verified) on or before Fri, Oct. 13th 2017.

Project Requirements:

• Clean Look / Feel (i.e., Slate, Medium Editor, or similar)
  • Input field extends height when users type more text than the current element height
  • Background color is customizable in Bubble
  • Text line height is customizable in Bubble (or hard-coded to 1.3 in the plugin)
  • User can select: Bold, Italics, Bullets, Numbered Lists. That’s it.
  • Must work across all modern browsers
  • Must be ready for a production grade application
1 Like

Hey Scott,
Have you touched base with @AliFarahat? He’s got a plugin nearly ready that’s probably not exactly what you need but may be directionally aligned (and thus could possibly be extended to meet your spec).

Thanks @djwideman, I think it’d be a lot less work and much quicker to have someone build to these basic requirements, using a library that meets them out of the gate, than it would be to add features to something like @AliFarahat’s. Just my sense for it.

@sridharan.s makes sense. A mid-level developer could probably build the minimalist interface you’re looking for on top of Quill or the like in a couple days.

I got all the features above. The 1st point is a little critical as I disabled adjustable height till after go live.

The editor is alot more rich in terms of what you want but you can enable what you need.

I also have an Auto complete feature and a user mentions feature.

The editors icons can be customized also but that will follow in a future release.

I tell you what I know the beta is closed but I will be willing to extend it to your app as I am sure your feedback will be valuable.

Direct message me with you apps name and I will include it.

As for the date it’s a bit short. Beta should be available by then as I don’t release anything till I have tested my self

The problem is everyone thinks creating a plug-in is easy. Well it maybe easy to make one for your self but it’s alot more work creating one for the masses.

So far this has been the longest plug-in development I did and I had to put on hold 3 other plugins for this.

Sounds good. I’d be happy to check it out.

Could you add it to: testing-template

1 Like

Will message you back with details

Happy Friday! @AliFarahat, wanted to touch base to see if I could check it out? …can only push my deadline so much.

Thanks,
Scott

Sunday the beta should be released

1 Like

Update: @AliFarahat, the WYSIWYG you put together is fantastic. Can be used for all of my basic needs, while also providing a whole lot of valuable, advanced functionality that will be useful to the community in so many ways.

Thanks again for putting this together Ali. And, for anyone else just stumbling across this threat, Ali’s plugin is called Vanilla Rich Text Editor Pro. Check it out!

2 Likes