Best computer set up for optimum Bubbling

:point_up:+1

The number of elements and workflows are definitely the culprit. To quote it in Einsten terms:

Sluggishness = time * elements/workflows ²

1 Like

Hi, anyone knows on how to rank the culprit?
a. Element
b. Workflow
c. Condition

I mean for sluggishness of editor, not run performance. Im trying to reduce my app…use a single groups for several typical functions instead of separate groups…etc

For those who are interested, I got carried away and wrote a long post on reusables here: A guide to advanced use of reusables

Feedback, questions and counter-arguments are welcome.

5 Likes

@anwarsby I think your ranking is correct.

In my app, I have a lot of elements on a particular page, and the editor is very sluggish on this particular page. At one time this page also had a lot of workflows too. I reduced the workflows significantly, and it improved performance, but not nearly as much as another page with far fewer elements.

I don’t know how grouping elements may or may not affect performance. I only know that breaking up my app into more pages, thereby having fewer elements on a particular page, made a big difference.

For reference I editing on a Win 10 laptop with 16 RAM & i7 processor.

1 Like

@robert tks for sharing

I am not only restructuring group but reducing number of groups with lots of elements inside. Previously I created different forms for different data transaction types (eg various cash transaction type) to avoid wf and condition complexity, but now I have to combine those forms as much as possible. By this way I can reduce number of elements but increasing its number of wf’s and conditions.

For running performance I can’t see any difference between two of those options, only editor performance

1 Like

I’ve been travelling recently, therefore frequently encountering average to poor wifi.

Chrome almost always struggles when my wifi isn’t great, especially when i have to initially load the editor, but I fire up mozilla and it handles the crashes so much better. Mozilla will eventually load my editor without crashing on first try, after chrome has failed on numerous attempts. You have more control over when the tab will give up loading or not.

Admittedly Mozilla isn’t as pretty, with the large scroll bars etc but it has repeatedly proved a life saver for me in my time of need, when chrome just doesn’t cut it.

Agreed, Mozilla is the more stable of the two. Doesn’t handle the zoom very well though.

As strange it could be, however i got the same issue when i am using chrome. Despite the fact that i consider chrome the best browser right now, i just could not understand what the actual happens when i am working on bubble. Yeah, just like you guys said above, as more the RAM the better. I understand that and i totally agree, however with 8gb ram it should have go on well. As while working on safari or mozilla i don’t have this problem. I even asked for the help of gadgetguide.in, these guys have actually found the best laptop for my needs, and they didn’t understand what was going on.