Best Native App Builder

I have been playing a little on DropSource and Thunkable recently. Thunkable’s new release, Thunkable Cross Platform X, allows you to build apps that work on iOS and Android out-of-the-box.

I haven’t gotten too deep into the layout / design capabilities just yet. Overall, the DS demo’s I have seen have had better UI with less glitches. But I’m not sure how symptomatic that is of the platform. All projects on Thunkable are public and so the Community area is flooded with random builds from first-timers like me.

What I would say though is that I much prefer the ‘workflow’ approach being taken by Thunkable, and the overall feel of their platform. The way that you build out logic is more intuitive than on DropSource and you can construct pretty powerful tasks / functions. This includes loops, and complex conditionals. I also like their API handling - it feels very integrated - and have had good / quick results when combining with Bubble.

As an example, this workflow makes a call to Bubble (when button is pressed), extracts the property ‘secret’ from the Response, and then displays it in a text box.

Along with DropSource, Thunkable is definitely worth checking out.

2 Likes