BlockSpring Help

No, sorry I don’t get it. I thought I was sending it dynamic data. What format are you saying the blockspring should have? Because when I test it on the blockspring site, I can delete all the example data they have and simply put in a single text string or number by itself not paired with anything and it works no matter what data I give it.

Any explanation on what you mean by the formatting being wrong would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It should be like this [[“name”,“sales”],[“Jason”,“87”],[“Don”,“98”],[“Paul”,“234”]]

Right now you’re just sending a simple text.

Hi I am relatively new to Bubble but found a video online from Blockspring that details how to use Blockspring as a CMS using Bubble Build an App using Google Sheets as CMS

I am running into an issue at the 3:27 point in the video where I should be able to access data from the Current Cell’s Read Worksheet

I’ve followed every step that was detailed but am not getting the option to click and select one of the table headers from Google Sheets to insert a dynamic image or even the person’s name.

I double-checked the Blockspring Plug-In and followed each step of the video and then tried it several different ways (i.e. inserting the image without a repeating group, selecting the table has a header option again, creating a new sheet) but am still stuck when attempting to insert dynamic data as it reads “Current Cell’s Read’s Worksheet Value”. I created a forum app called cbstest if you wouldn’t mind taking a look at it. I read the user manuals and the forums but can’t wrap my head around what is going on - any help is appreciated.

FYI: I am using the Read Worksheet call on Blockspring.

Can you share a link to the editor with the relevant page?

You haven’t linked the Google sheet correctly in the plugin.

Make sure the worksheet is set to be readable by anyone with the link.

1 Like

Great thank you. I was under the assumption that since I granted Blockspring Access it would be able to pull it but just changing the settings of the Google Sheet to public fixed it.

The main functionality is working now but if I go to change something in the Google Sheet I get the error below. Is this a Google Sheets issue or something with Blockspring? I have three screenshots below 1.) Shows the database looks when it is functioning 2.) Shows the process of changing a cell value 3.) What happens after I click enter. The video showed this process and it worked for him to edit the database and see the results mirrored in Bubble.

Here is the link to my app: cbstest_forum | Bubble Editor

That’s a Google Sheets issue, it won’t expand the Blockspring Array to overwrite that data.

1 Like

Hi everybody

I am having troubles with the block “append values etc”: I need to append different values to different spreadsheets (or worksheets), but in the workflow window in bubble it doesn’t let me choose the target spreadsheet, it only let me choose the spreadsheet I chose in the initial set up… anyone could suggest anything?

thanks