Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Bubble email validator

Domovoj

0 Likes

Hi, emmanuel

I’ve done exactly what you mentioned and added e-mail validator to the sign-up workflow as a condition (using “and when”) - pls see the screen.

But seems it doesn’t work: I tried e-mails like brfbbhafbyryubuyu322@mail.com and there was no ERROR message.

Pls kindly advise how to fix it.

0 Likes

Sorry. Forgot to add “is YES”.
But it doesn’t change anything :((

0 Likes

Can you reproduce the situation on the forum_app so that we can test?

0 Likes

Hi Emmanual –

Was there a change made to the email validator? For some reason, it is now rejecting certain e-mail addresses that I know are correct (and I feel like they were going through the other day). Thank you!

0 Likes

No, no change at all.

0 Likes

Hm, so what do you think the reason could be that email addresses that are correct aren’t going through? I notice that most gmail addresses are being approved, but many non-google domains are being rejected. This is just an observation, not sure whether it is relevant.

0 Likes

Unsure what’s going on here. The validator seems to be preventing an email from being sent…

On “no” it should display an alert I created - that works, and on “yes” it should display a different alert AND send an email… the different alert also works, so I know the workflow is going, but the email is never sent. I tested a straight click button > send email with the same address (mine) and I got an instant email. Any idea what’s going on?

0 Likes

Did you check the logs? And used the debugger to make sure the action gets run?

0 Likes

Yep, everything checks out. It says that it sends. There are 2 other actions in the same workflow that are visible (an alert and input reset) that happen successfully. I checked with a different send to email just to make sure, and still, no email.

0 Likes

Still can’t figure out what’s going on. I don’t have a professional plan to check logs, but the debugger says it’s successful.

0 Likes

Can you file a bug report with ways to reproduce, we’ll look into it.

0 Likes

Sent. Thank you.

0 Likes

Did you send it? I don’t see it…

0 Likes

I did. And I just sent again right now just in case.

0 Likes

Email validator validate email with @gmil extension instead of @gmail. Email with @gmil like "mudyboy@gmil.com" it gives YES. Help please

0 Likes

Because gmil.com exist. You probably have to make your own check rules also.

0 Likes

Thank you Mr JohnMark, Can you tell @gmil exist where…? Coz here in my app every gmail typed with gmil instead of gmail the validator gives YES. Does google recognize this typin error…? And if yes why searching for gmil google correct it automatically to gmail…?

0 Likes

The web site gmil.com exist, so the range of email addresses @gmil.com is catched by the owner of the site, and must not be removed from bubble email validator (or any email validator). That’s the reason you received a Yes. When you search with Google, the search engine AI know this is probably a mistake you done, and replace it or offer you other choices.

0 Likes

Thank you so much Mr JohnMark for such a well explained response.

1 Like