Bubble in New York City

Getting a solid response here. Keep a lookout for more updates. Will be targeting to arrange something before the holidays, if not the first couple weeks of Jan. Please continue to post/message your contact info/backgrounds!

1 Like

I’m in Toronto. This is something I’d go to NYC for (it doesn’t take much to get me to NYC) but I’m constrained in a variety of ways. First week of Jan would be ideal, or any weekend. Keep me in the loop.

I’m new to Bubble but lots of years doing RDBMS development. Hoping to be a true Bubble-head by January. Working on a start-up project, and considering switching from a full-stack JS environment to Bubble.

mark

1 Like

Flight prices into NYC drop quite a bit on Jan 4th

This would be pretty sweet. Especially around early January. Let me know how the plan progresses.

January is my vote as well!

+1 for January. The first week or two would get my vote.

It would seem early Jan is a favorite among most. I’ve received about 15 indications of interest so far, but I think we can do better! Come on guys – everyone will get a chance to convince @emmanuel to commit to a feature after he’s had some drinks! Also, if you know you can’t make it, but would be interested in meeting other Bubblers, please PM me and we’ll try to coordinate a digital meetup using @sridharan.s’s app

Early jan may bot be ideal for me but you should plan for what works for most and I’ll see if I’m in NYC.

Soliciting feedback for Thu Jan 5, Sun Jan 8, Thu Jan 12, Sun Jan 15. Thursday would be an evening circa 6:00 PM and Sunday would be an afternoon circa 12:00 PM. Location, format, etc. still TBD. Please also indicate second preference. Feel free to post here or DM. Thanks!

I’d rather meet on a weekday. My 1st choice is Jan 5th, second Jan 12th.

Let’s make this happen. If everyone can take a second to fill out the poll, we’ll have some data to lock down the best day/time:
http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/nmdcjz/bubble-meetup

@emmanuel , hope you guys can make it as well.

1 Like

I dunno if you know, but Disqus has a poll feature built in under the gear icon

I’m an advanced Bubble developer in NYC/Brooklyn. I also code in Ruby, Javascript (Angular, React, Meteor), and blockchain work (Bitcoin, Ethereum). I also run the blockchain consulting firm, Macroscape.co. I’m working for a few startups, and would love to connect with folks in the community and help host NYC/Brooklyn events.

I’ve built a few mobile apps on Bubble, and I’d be glad to meet up.

Nathan

1 Like

@emmanuel can you make any of the times in @spencer.matonis’s poll? Seems like it’s split between afternoon & evening on the 7th & 8th. If not, I’m sure folks would rather you be there if there’s a date/time that works better for you.

@nathanwindsor & @david4 will PM you about the hosting offers.

Michael

I won’t be able to make it. Unexpected car repair plus a surprise dentist visit was my budget for the trip out there. I’ll catch the next one (I voted for sunday I believe)

I entered some times, to be honest it’s much easier for me after Jan 8, but I’ll try my best (may be away some days that week, unclear yet though).

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/nmdcjz/bubble-meetup

Most people prefer Janauary 8’th (Sunday). Although the poll was flawed because it didn’t take into account preferred times on weekend vs. week, it seems like everyone is flexible on times after noon. Can anyone suggest a low-key, central meeting spot in Manhatten that would have enough standing room for about 8 people at 1pm?

Unfortuntely, I’m not in NYC on this day, but lets lock down a time for those that are.

Le Pain Quotidien = cafe with some long wooden tables
Place called GStaad sounds good but they went out of business

Ultimately, just getting a room in one of the Manhattan public libraries would be a solid (free) option. Then go somewhere to eat afterwards.

Suggestions people!

1 Like

Le Pain Quotidien on 40/Bryant park is quite spacious. We may want to say 3 though, to avoid lunch time.

1 Like