Bubble in SF / Silicon Valley

Hi all! If any of you are still in the SF Bay Area, we’re holding a meet-up on Monday, August 22nd at Barebottle in Bernal Heights! More details and the RSVP can be found here - we’re really looking forward to seeing you all!

Join us for the San Francisco & Bay Area Bubblers first quarterly meetup of 2023!

Come meet your fellow Bubble builders, tune in to an in-person update from Bubble’s very own Director of Product Marketing, and enjoy refreshments, bratwurst, and more, compliments of Bubble (gluten-free and non-alcoholic options available).

When: Wednesday, February 22nd, 4-6pm
Where: Willkommen (2198 Market St, San Francisco)

Space is limited, so RSVP now to confirm your spot.

4 Likes

Heard about this from Bubble’s Daniel Z last week. I’ll be there.

1 Like

I would to see something like this in NYC.

For sure they’ll be doing that.

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Keith – I’ve found your forum posts very useful here over the years!

1 Like

Hey @Seth hopefully there’ll be a good turnout for this! Also talked with Daniel about future events and doing stuff like a short show and tell/overview about building Bubble plugins, etc.

1 Like

Thanks @keith! So far we have 70 signups, so if you figure 60% yield that’s 42 folks. We’re shooting for 50 to actually show up, so I’m going to re-post the info for it below and pop it back to the top of the forum. (For anyone looking for an additional reason to come, it’s actually a great brewery and the food is delish. Kind of like a mini trip to Leavenworth but without all the awfulness.)

And yeah, @keith, I definitely agree with you about content for these. I attended the one in LA in December and spoke with the organizer there and we both agreed that future events should have specific content and show and tell type stuff, so we’re definitely aligned with you there. More than happy to have you weigh in on future events/content if you’d like, so let’s chat next Wednesday if you’re interested.

Here’s the event announcement re-post:
Join us for the San Francisco & Bay Area Bubblers first quarterly meetup of 2023!
Come meet your fellow Bubble builders, tune in to an in-person update from Bubble’s very own Director of Product Marketing , and enjoy refreshments, bratwurst, and more, compliments of Bubble (gluten-free and non-alcoholic options available).

When: Wednesday, February 22nd, 4-6pm
Where: Willkommen (2198 Market St, San Francisco)

Space is limited, so RSVP now to confirm your spot.

2 Likes

Thanks for your part in getting this together @Seth snd nice to meet you this afternoon!

2 Likes

Likewise, @keith really great to meet you in person as well – thanks for coming!

2 Likes

It’s coming soon Eugene!

Hey SF / Bay Area folks. I’m thinking it might be nice to have a regular meetup in SF where active bubble users can get together, talk shop, share tips and ideas, etc. The more formal event we had earlier this year was fine, but I’m personally less interested in marketing bubble to tire kickers than building a sense of community with other active/dedicated bubblers in the Bay Area.

I’m thinking of starting off with a low-stakes monthly coffee or wine bar get together, perhaps. If there is a decent-sized core group showing up, we’d then consider formalizing it and maybe having a bit more structure/content to these events (e.g., presentations).

If you’re interested, please let me know what you’d be willing to commit to, to get things started. You can post something here, contact me at seth.bubble@gmail.com, or sked some time to chat with me here: Calendly - Seth Gilmore

It would be helpful to know WHAT, WHEN and WHERE your IDEAL MEETUP would be (e.g., coffee shop get together, once a month on Sunday mornings, near Dolores Park).

2 Likes

I’m in! Would prefer a wine bar evening get-together on a Tuesday or Thursday. If we go for coffee, then Sunday. I’m in Mountain View, and think many other Bubbler’s are based in the East and South Bay, so ideally somewhere close to freeways, BART, and Caltrain.

1 Like

I’m in the bay, been on bubble for 8 years, built some wonderful things but never considered meeting others.

Now that the party is over - count me in!

I just want to have a good laugh about the fun times we had.

I’m in Fremont, coffee preferred.

1 Like

Sorry to miss the February event, I would like to join the next one in SF

2 Likes

Great, thanks all for your responses. I am currently working with @madambrose on next steps so we’ll be back soon with some additional info for you.

2 Likes

Please join us for our first monthly meetup for bubble.io users in the SF / Bay Area:
SF Bubble Users Monthly Meetup (bubble.io), Mon, Jun 26, 2023, 6:00 PM | Meetup

This is a casual meetup intended mainly for active bubble users, the idea being to get to know one another, talk about projects we’re working on, share insights, etc. This is not a marketing event for non-bubblers, though the bubble-curious are welcome to eavesdrop. We’ll gather on the couches and chairs right as you walk in. Please order something from the bar so that we can continue using this space for free. If at least a few people show up we’ll make this a monthly event, though we may at some point choose a more classroom-like venue where we can do presentations, share projects, etc.