Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Bubblelys- @levon

This is one of my favorite plugins in the bubble world.

When i try to use this with an HTML element the element does not does not show up in the PDF? is there any fix to this? Im sorry if it already been talked about but this thread is MASSIVE and i do not have time ATM to read over every one.

Thanks All

Hello, everyone.

Thanks for reporting. We have updated the demo page - https://zeroqode-demo-01.bubbleapps.io/page-to-pdf ; please check the config setup for plugin now it’ll generate a pdf file when clicking the pdf button with headers, footers and RGs.

Also there is a convert html element button which convert single html element into pdf for testing.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Oh, I see now that you have a large RG that is the height/width of a single page and a Child RG pulling 10 items at a time. Thats neat, but I’m not sure it will work for me. Each cell of my RG is going to be variable height depending on the length of text typed into the RTE. My employees could literally write “Company will provide services to client” or they could write “Company will provided X, Y, and Z specific services with A, B, and C itemized details” and each client could two or 100 different RTEs with various amounts of text in each of those boxes. Do you have a suggestion for how I can make Page X of Y, or even just Page X, work in that scenario?

1 Like

@accounting Hello.

Have checked on our side, seems like in that setup as you described will not work with different sized RGs on page. Maybe arrange elements on page in same size to match the exportable size of the pdf by customizing the page This may create limitation I think.
Sorry for not able to help much here.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

hey Tim, everything recorded after 1:00 is invisible, you probably switched tabs, but set loom to record only Chrome, so the issue is not clear right now :slight_smile:

Im such an idiot! It feels like that moment when I can not track down a bug and then after an hour notice i did not publish to live! :joy:

Hang on ill re-record!

@levon

Here you go Sorry about that!

Thanks a lot for the video and for the kinds words Tim :slight_smile:
before i ask the devs to look at it, are you sure you tried all the little tricks and settings that we have in this demo? https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=pdf_generator&id=zeroqode-demo-01&tab=tabs-1

WOW! this opens up a few doors i think? Iv never seen this DEMO before so let me have a play. How you have set this up I would never of thought of doing it like that. Let me try and apply it to my application.

Great support!

Cheers Levon.

Thanks Tim, I"ll update the plugin description to include both demos. This one wasn’t very obvious i believe. Thanks!

Hi @levon

I am using this plugin since long time.

I am facing a serious issue which is, I am trying to convert a bubble page to pdf which will have around 15 pages.

When I try to convert and download, it takes huge time (approx. 5-6 mins) which results to my clients a very painful User Experience because each time user tries to download a pdf they have to wait for 6 mins.

It would be great if this conversion process performs faster,

Is this long time, because of converting the text to image and then to PDF?

Is there any tip or workaround to perform this conversion faster?

Can you please help me out with this lagging somehow.

Thanks.

Why don’t you use an external API to facilitate what you want.

Hi @nocodeventure

Ok. So, do mean connecting to some PDF API using API connector and perform actions.

But I also use page breakers so that my dynamic content inside the pdf breaks at correct point and starts in new page.

@sam2 I don’t think using an API connection will be faster. On the contrary from what we’ve seen before it was alwaysmuch slower.

did you try to uncheck this button?

also what kind of compression setting you are using right now?

Hi @levon

The compression setting I am using right now is “None”.

What must be the Compression for better performance ?

@sam2 i’d suggest to experiment with it and see what works best for you. I guess “fast” option might help.

and what about the high quality checkbox? Did you uncheck it? Did it help?

@levon
High quality is uncheck as you already mentioned that printing High quality takes little more time

Hi @levon,

For some reason the plugin is now making everything Black and White when I print. Any idea on how I can get color back?

Hello, @josh10.

Have you tried different browsers, and setups? Are you referring to Page to PDF plugin which converts the page into a file?
By checking the demo - https://zeroqode-demo-01.bubbleapps.io/page-to-pdf
everything is fine.

Best,
Zeroqode Team.