Bubble users in London

Great thanks Emmanuel.

Guys we need to agree Friday or Tuesday. (I can’t do Thursday).

Or we could alternate. But if there is a way to get us all there one night (preferably Friday due to not having work next day!) that would be great.

1 Like

Folks, I’ve scheduled a first meetup next week Friday Oct 30th (somewhere in Shoreditch) just to get some traction:

http://www.meetup.com/Bubble-London/events/226232332/

Suggest we see how that goes and apply lessons to future plans.

Feel free to share thoughts/feedback on the Meetup page or here if you prefer. Will keep an eye on the ensuing conversation but my responses might not be as timely.

Looking forward…

1 Like

Great. Thanks for doing that.

Joined the Meetup, I cannot do the 30th as I have to go to Birmingham…but if everyone else can make it then go ahead without me for this one :smile:

maybe we should try another week then? maybe nov 12th?

I am happy to come and meet this week but I think we should have another one soon if most people can’t make it. What does everyone think?

Sounds good to me

Friday 30th is now confirmed and we’ll discuss next meetup at that session.

1 Like

Sadly I can’t make this one, but if interested in the next one.

We had a good first meeting. When would be good for everyone for the next one? Another friday?

Glad you guys managed to get things going. Would love to attend subsequent meets, but Fridays really aren’t good for me.

Happy hallowe’en!
James

What happened in the end? Did you guys meetup?

I am a new-ish London user and would be keen to meet other Bubblers.
Throw your names in and we can arrange a time and location for sometime in June :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’d be nice to meet up!
I’m in London most of June (not 20-24th).
Btw, my name is Paul. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m in London (shoreditch)… just getting into this whole Bubble thing and would be awesome to meet up with any other users, either once or regularly… see if we can help each other out with any sticking points etc, even alpha test each others apps maybe? I’m free most of the time if anyone’s up for it!

Also just a though - maybe someone could throw together a simple bubble app designed for arranging worldwide meetups specifically related to this! (since meetup.com isn’t free, so with minimal interest the groups expire on there). I could have a go at making a public app for that if there’s interest?! Or if someone better wants to do it quicker, go ahead!! :slight_smile:

Cheers
James

Hi James,

Eventbrite is free (I was playing around with the API with another Bubble user) and seems to work well enough.

Finding a space might be interesting, if we want to avoid coffee shops etc.

Nigel.

Hey @NigelG , thanks for the reply! Sorry I had a very hectic Novemeber, all this app stuff took a back seat.

Good shout, I’ll look more into it when i get a chance, should set something up in the new year… Up for a one off meetup but I’m thinking something like a monthly (or even weekly) Bubble Club would be really awesome, try build a community around it. Personally I’m surprised this doesn’t already exist, but it must be beneficial for us guys to be on the leading edge of the no-code revolution! (You more so than me since I’m still a total rookie at actually using it, but I’m good with ideas!)

Looks like meeting rooms start from about £15 per hr, but maybe we could get one of the London hackspaces to host it and also promote it… that’s the exact kinda thing they’re for I guess? http://www.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Main_Page

Otherwise, I find Wetherspoons make good meeting points, coz they’re usually huge and less awkward than coffee shops, and have plenty of big quiet tables/booths as long as you dont go at peak times, plus normally free wifi I think.

(Also I know a company with a massive amount of office space who may be interested enough eventually to let us use it for free, if there’s enough demand that I can get them excited about the project. Maybe other people know similar companies too…?)

I’ve been telling everyone i speak to about Bubble, and most of em make a point of writing down the URL… it almost sounds too good to be true when explained aloud, right?! :smiley:

Cheers

Great, let’s get Bubble Club going in January then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds good. I have an office at WeWork Chancery Lane. There are event spaces and meeting rooms available. If that is a good location for all involved, I can look into arranging something…

Regards,
James

1 Like

I’m in - we are based in Cardiff - but if there was a bubble meet up / group for U.K. even if in London - that would be cool

1 Like