Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Bubble Websites and Accessibility

Is it possible to create a Bubble website that conforms to accessibility standards? Has anyone had that as a requirement for any of their projects?

My sense is that Bubble is seen primarily as a tool for entrepreneurs and start-ups, but as it grows in popularity, its appeal will broaden, and its potential applications [and website audiences] will become more diverse; and accessibility might become more of an issue.

Generating semantic mark-up is not currently one of Bubble’s strongest suits, although I have noticed that for some elements, the HTML tag can be specified in the property editor; but that’s actually identified as an SEO feature.

Anyway, just curious if others have given this any thought, and I’d be interested to know if it’s even on @Bubble’s radar.

[NEW Plugin by Tech-Tonic] Sudsy Page - Squeaky Clean URLs!

That’s a good question. I’m really curious about this too, especially as it pertains to inputs (and labels and ESPECIALLY tabbing index). I haven’t seen anything about it and don’t necessarily see how it could work necessarily given the way pages are assembled, but +1 from me.

It is on our list of things to investigate and improve on, but not for the near future, unfortunately.

We’ll keep you guys updated on this thread.

Great to know it’s on the radar, @emmanuel. I’d be more proactive in approaching local gov’t orgs and businesses if accessibility wasn’t an issue. (Gotta fund my own entrepreneurial endeavors somehow. :wink:)

Thanks for letting us know!