(Bug?) Workflows not triggering on small screens

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not so I’ll start here and file a bug report if we can’t solve it.

Overview:
I have a workflow that adds something to a list when an icon is click. I have a second workflow that removes something from a list when the same icon is click. The workflow that triggers is dependent on if that item is already in the list or not.

Screenshot for removing 1:

Screenshot for removing 2:

This works great on screen sizes larger than 715px.

As soon as I drop below that (either in a fresh refresh or after dragging the window) the group is no longer clickable and the workflow doesn’t fire.

Strangely, when I’ve the page up on my computer (wide) and my phone (narrow), my phone will reflect the changes that are made on the computer.

I’ve tried everything I can think of… run this on icons, on groups, deleted and started again, changed the max/min %, made it fixed width… I’m out of ideas.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

1 Like

@hi1 Please share a test page

Hi Neerja!

I’m working on it… the issue is you have to have an account and have a registration (content type) in order to see this page. I can create a copy of the page and try that way… but let me know if you have a better idea for sharing this.

Thank ya!

@hi1 Make a test app public and then paste the url here

Okay! Here’s what I’ve got:

Go here:

And login with test@trystudio.co / test.

On the dashboard you can see the circle icons working as expected.

But if you continue on to here:

You’ll see the latest (though not working!) yellow box that I’ve been messing with lately. (Originally and hopefully, I’ll be able to get the text + icon on this page so it looks the same as it does on the dashboard.)

https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=test&id=trythis&tab=tabs-1

Thanks!
Jen

@hi1 Hi Jen, It looks like the materialicon only shows on the first test page when you ignore Repeating Group’s empty constraints. Perhaps, we are missing a testing step before but so far no issue with the icon or workflow. We created a simplified test page where clicking on the icon should show a popup. This works for us on laptop and mobile. Does it work for you?

https://trystudio.co/version-test/test_pagewidth?debug_mode=true

Hi Neerja,

Shoot! It works on your test page, but when I “copy with workflows” and “paste with workflows” into my page, it doesn’t work at small screen sizes.

Try it out! Strange!

Jen

There is something called Nav that is blocking it from working i think.

Hope that helps @hi1. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BOOM!

There was (until your discovery pointed to it as the culprit!) a large group called nav that contained two groups: one a long list of lessons for the user to navigate to and the top group you can see there that (with concepts and the hamburger) that has the show/hide workflow on it. But the holding group, Nav, was always visible even though it didn’t need to be. I’ve removed the two elements from Nav and, just like magic, everything’s working as expected.

Thank you!

I tried everything I could think of!

Cheers,
Jen

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile: Glad I was able to spot that for you. Sometimes its something so small it can drive you crazy. Keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.