Building a videoconferencing app on Bubble?

That would need the appear.in SDK which we won’t have in Bubble.

You could generate a random set of words yourself and then insert that into the HTML.

I really like Slack for team messaging. You can even integrate blockspring with it. It’s so good with customization.
The base of it is, however, extremely simple.
It’s more of a professional solution, as opposed to a personal solution though.

How did it go David? Succes? Would love to hear your experiences.

Due to the pandemic followed by a lockdown in major countries, a lot of companies have been forced to adapt their operations by making their employees work from home. So the demand of building video conferencing app has increased and but the big concern is user privacy.

Are you searching the best video call app? Make use of top notch video chat SDK and API providers suitable for the mobile. This is capable for website to make enterprise business operating on the video chat call app for your desires. Make use of video conference solution to make perfect enrollment in firm.

Hey Nigel, everyone,
I just clicked on the link and found it’s been blocked now due to a trademark infringement. Would you have a new way of having video conferencing through Bubble?
Thanks in advance

Have you tried Jitsi?
There’s a good post on it here on the forums through a quick search.

Actually reading up on it right now hehe. Thanks for coming back on it though. Any post in particular that clearly explains how to implement jitsi?

I see a few high level explanations but no clear step 1-2-3 or video. If we’d have that, I believe we could close a lot of threads/link them into the same thread.

Would love to be updated about this topic as well

Seems there’s a plugin in the making as well.

I got this working quickly by following this thread.

1 Like

I’m just in the process of building a chat/video app for one of my current customers and I’ve started to use the plugin instead of the html.
Works like a charm. Great work by Scalable Studio with this!

1 Like

did you figure it out? the plugin doesn’t have instructions, but I am able to start a meeting but is asking for the host to accept me in the room…???

I did indeed work it out.
There are two jitsi-plugins available and we tried both.
Ended up using this one: https://bubble.io/plugin/jitsi-meetjitsi-1598515150062x435773829139660800

It works fine and we are using it several times a week ourselves.
The one thing we’ve not managed to work out to our liking is making the video session password protected.

2 Likes

thanks, it’s working fine for me as well (same plugin). great work!