Cannot get individual data - data keeps saving as a list

Hello…I’m looking for some help with this please,

I’m trying to take a list of things (names, dates, etc…) and create things for each item. The list is coming from a plugin. So, I created fields in my database to store the information. I read that you have to run an API on a list to create a thing from the list, so I did that. But instead of creating a new ‘Name’ for each name item, it entered the full list of names as one item. Also, I don’t know how many items will be in the list as it will be different for each user.

Is there a way for me to get it to create a thing for each item individually?

Please take a look at this test editor I created to see my setup.

The way I have it currently set up, it will only save all the user’s names as 1 item instead of creating a thing for each name.

OLD test app link in public forum app:

NEW link in Pinterest plugin test app:

Here are some screenshots of how it is displaying…

It shouldn’t have commas after each name, each name should have its own button.
Food
Quotes
Home
Car
Randomboard
Test board
Fake board

This is how it shows in the database…(under ‘All Pinboards’)

So, it is creating 7 things (there are 7 boards) but…
each thing is showing the entire list (all 7 boards) rather than showing just 1 boardname, 1 date, 1 ID…

Can you check and make sure your editor is public so I can access it?

wow did someone make it private? All I did was add a page to the public forum app, and it was working just fine earlier but now conveniently its gone private? The link now leads straight to the bubble home page. I did not do that.

Just checked it again…it should load now

Still not working for me. I don’t know if the problem is on your end or mine.

I think it’s because “amp” is being added in the URL (not sure what causes this), try copy+pasting “https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=forum_app&tab=tabs-1” as the URL. That should work!

2 Likes

Perfect thanks! This is the second time this has happened to me so I’ll remember that for the future. Cheers!

2 Likes

It’s gotten me a few times too! No problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK sorry I guess I was being paranoid because I’m like ‘how does this suddenly stop working now?’ lol

Thank you @fayewatson

So the page is this:
https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=pinterest_info2&id=forum_app&tab=tabs-1”

1 Like

To be honest, this test page doesn’t really display the problem. I think this problem is really easy to solve. Probably just a tweak to your workflow will do the trick. Do you mind sharing your app’s editor link? (You can PM me if you don’t want to share it to this post)

well this is the only issue that I have, in my app, and I duplicated it exactly here. I added a ‘create a thing’ action on the API workflow page to go along with the workflow steps on the ‘pinterest_info2’ page.

I can PM you the test pinterest account info, if that will help to test it yourself.

Oh, looks like I was on the wrong page haha. Give me a few minutes

1 Like

Did you try checking the list boxes in the API Workflow?

43 PM

No I didn’t try that. Well I tried it before but I had it set up differently than how it is now and it didn’t fix anything, but let me try it now.

OK this is what I was seeing when I ran it with those checkboxes checked… So I figured I have something wrong. Because when I uncheck it, it runs, just it gives me the wrong output.

Ok. Do you know how to Trigger your API workflow? If so, switch the parameter definition from “Manual definition” to “Detect request data”. Then click “Request Data”. Once you see the popup, trigger the workflow and you’ll be able to see the specific field types of the data you’re using.

1 Like

OK I changed it to Detect request data and then selected Request Data and a popup came up, It simply had the workflow address and prompted me to click the text field to copy it. So I did, and I let it sit there since it seemed like it was still thinking. After a little bit, I hit ‘cancel’.
Is that correct?
Not sure where I’m to trigger the workflow though.

oh do I add the url to the wf_request_data field in the ‘Schedule API workflow’ action?

Skip that then. I think I’m beginning to understand your process a little better. I’m going to switch it back to Manual Definition and check out the workflows.

1 Like