Cannot get individual data - data keeps saving as a list

I changed the action in your API workflow to this:

16 PM

Those values come from the scheduled API action on your pinterestinfo2 page. See if it works now.

Nope, I tried refreshing the pages again just to make sure it had the latest setup.

I get this same message

Try again. The Optional box was checked. See if that changes anything.

Actually, a better question is, why are you even using API Workflows. Doesn’t look like you need em? Everything can be accomplished on the page’s workflow.

I tried it again and still got the same message.

Can I do it without the API? I saw here in the forum that if I want to create a thing from a list I have to use the API workflow on a list

I’d rather not honestly! But that’s the only solution I’ve come across!

Oh, I see, since you’re trying to create list things and you DON’T know how many. Ok, you do need the API Workflow.

Well try changing the Name, ID, and Created Date values in your page’s workflow.

This is most likely where your problem is.

yes, sorry if I didn’t make that clear earlier but I’m saving the user’s pinterest boards’ info, so I don’t know how many there will be.

Those fields are all text fields, I tried adding that ‘:unique elements’ condition, in hopes that that would cause it to create a thing for each item, but it still creates the thing with the whole list.

So I agree with you in thinking that something is wrong with the expression there, or there’s something I need to add to the expression to tell it to create a thing, then go to the next item and create a thing, etc.

Why did you change the API page’s fields to this?
16 PM
I’m confused as to how that info is coming from the Schedule API action on the pinterest page.
Because the repeating group on that page is supposed to display the data from the bubble database, and the bubble database is supposed to have the info that came from the API. Don’t I have to tell it where the ‘Name’ ‘ID’ and ‘date’ info is coming from (the pinterest API)?

Did you try removing the Unique Elements part?

Also, make sure you’re testing in the debugger so you can pinpoint the problem

Yep, I just removed the ‘unique elements’ and continue to get the same error.

I’m trying running it with ‘run step’ instead of ‘run normal’ now, but its kind of slow. I hit ‘run next’ and its not doing anything.

Well maybe the error is there. How can I test?

Let me send you the test account info.

Let us know if we should get involved here. I see some back and forth between you two.

1 Like

Thank you! Any help is much appreciated. We still don’t have it figured out. Daniel tried playing around with the editor. He made some changes to the setup but hasn’t figured it out yet either. But he agrees that its something that should be possible, so we’re trying.

I created a new public app just for testing the Pinterest plugin…
Now its less cluttered and should be faster to run!

editor:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.