Changing a list of things after condition is met

Hi all,

If I have an auction taking place, and as such, a user sees a list of all the auctions taking place. How do I make my platform automatically change the field “status” of these jobs from ‘live’ to ‘complete’ once the deadline date has been reached?

I tried to do a workflow on one page which was when a condition was met, but it doesn’t seem to let me do a search which ends up with a list, whereas I need it to search the list and change any who’s deadline date matches or is less than the current date, and change it’s status. It also feels like I want this to just be happening in the database and not really tied to a specific page’s workflow?

I hope that makes sense? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ed

Hi Ed,

I think there are few threads around here that have examples for your exact scenario. Here’s one I remember replying to recently that uses the same concept: Auto expiration

Instead of deleting anything though, you just want to make a change to your Job record’s status field. Hope that helps!

Gaby at Coaching No Code Apps (formerly Coaching Bubble)

Courses & Products, Tutorials, Private Coaching, and High-level Development

Start Learning Today :mortar_board:

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your reply, that looks like the perfect solution! I’m not on a paid plan at the minute but great to know the answer is there for when I’m close to launch :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Ed

1 Like