Chat with other bubble users? Live help and collaboration

I do agree that the chat may still be beneficial for the community, but it has to be carefully elaborated as the forum has some important functions for bubble as a company.

Keep in mind, I suggested this way back in 2015 too by starting this thread, but I now see the true value of the forum as a united resource even more.

These are my current opinions, the forum brings:

1. Gives a better ability for bubble as a company to filter noise

2. Bubble being able to manage expectations of not too immediate and to conform to only singular replies where necessary as well as not being stuck in long dialogues. Bubble is still young and every employee needs to spend their time wisely. Bubble is bootstrapped, remember?

3. Driving large amounts of traffic through organic search results on google, which again drives new bubble users, and potentially paying users. (They mentioned in a recent article that this was above all expectations in driving traffic.)

4. Missing out on valuable content, and solutions being posted in the forum, thus being easily searchable and available. A forum tends to have more quality over quantity (and threads (not only topics)).

I for one would love the chat personally, but not sure its the right move for bubble right now…maybe I`m wrong.
If we were to start out with a micro-community, I would suggest it be carefully planned to not leak traffic and important / valuable information to a distorted chat.

Would be interesting to hear if the above also is in line with @emmanuel and bubble`s opinions.

We’re currently pretty happy with the forum, and it’s easier for us to only monitor one channel. I know some people have asked for a Slack channel, but it doesn’t sound as easy to use for experienced and new users, and given our current resources we cannot monitor a real-time chat. One day.

I do see value in a chat. Basically a room where you can hang out during work, chat about maybe more ‘meta’ topics, ask for quick feedback on whatever you’re working on. I think that a lot of us are working on similar projects, completely different projects but with a similar mindset. We are all building the next best thing and there are plenty of other not fully Bubble related topics, questions etc to discuss that do not really fit the forum.

The forum is also a very public place and indexed by Google, not everything is a fit for that.

I think it wouldn’t hurt the forum at all, its fulfilling different needs.

It was tried. Didn’t work out.

Forum is much better.

Imagine that 20 kids joined the chat app asking for a CAD like they did here.

In the end the chat would be a bunch of people requesting others time and attention. Eventually all the people that tend to be helpful would bail out close to burnout.

Forum gives you the right pace. People have to wait to get an answer. Sometimes between question and answer the guy actually figures it out on their own. It has happened multiple times to me and I’ve learnt more by reading more posts in the forum between question and answer and trying things myself.

Thats why I’m proposing more of an off-topic chat… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean some kind of User Group Slack channel? That would be good for those of us working in isolation. But it maybe something we implement on our own. It would still need a Slack manager and some ground rules.

Hey all,

Since I started this forum thread more than 2 years ago, I decided to give this a shot again and created a community in Discord (better than slack for this type of communities) aimed at rapid application development in general, and Bubble will have a dedicated channel in there.

Let`s experiment with this but stay loyal to the forums for things that benefit the community!

Join via this link: