Collapse all Groups Button

Bubble,

I think this would save me sooooo many headaches.

Can you please add a button to check all groups on a page to “Collapse this elements height when hidden”?

This would save me so much time looking for the one group that I forgot to click this box so i don’t see weird white space at the bottom of my page. PLEASE. :slight_smile: With a cherry on top! :slight_smile:

Every time I make a page I constantly have to worry about this. I almost always forget ONE somewhere and take so much time searching for it.

Unless there is already a way to do this?

Let me know. Thanks!

Bump this… Please bubble, it is driving me insane. This doesn’t make any sense. @neerja pretty please. :slight_smile:

@J805 :slight_smile: I agree this would be helpful (or to have ‘collapse’ checked on all groups by default). In the meantime, you can edit all of the groups at once by searching for the groups on the page:

Then click the tiny, “Edit These Elements” text:

This brings up the Property Editor for all of the Groups on the page:

Then you can scroll down and select:
“Collapse this element’s height when hidden”

Then scroll back up and click “Apply changes to elements”:

That will make sure all of the groups are set to collapse :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ok, thanks for that! I never knew that existed. But… didn’t solve the problem :disappointed_relieved:

There is still all this empty white space at the bottom of the page. I have no idea why and it is driving me crazy.

I just applied collapse all groups and it still didn’t get rid of the problem. Seems like a bug to me.

I am going to check with the client to see if the app is updated to the newest version. Maybe that could be the problem. Otherwise, i am completely lost.

1 Like

Ohh! Got it! No worries at all, it is really tricky to make sure the height collapses on large pages. Do you have any overlapping elements by chance? (Maybe an alert element that’s not set to “position at the top”?) Sometimes those seemingly small things can cause the issue. If you can share a link to the editor, or clone that page in a new app and share a link to the page, I’d be happy to take a look at what might be causing the issue! (Can PM me if you prefer!) :slight_smile:

Thanks! That is so helpful. Let me see if i can do that.

PM Sent! :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @J805 did you ever find out what was causing this white space? I’m having exactly the same issue and can’t figure it out!

Thx!

Yeah. I sure did!

Maybe share your editor and I can take a look at it for you if you would like.

There is usually an issue that exists within your page. I’ve had the experience in the past, and just yesterday. I went so far as to submit a bug report for the page I faced the issue on yesterday.

It was today that I isolated the group causing the problem. The issue was that the group was overlapping other groups on the page. It was resolved by aligning it vertically to the other groups, so basically making sure all groups are ‘touching’ the tops to bottoms as well as the ‘collapse height when hidden’

If you have checked all those boxes, it could be something else.

I had a page that was driving me nuts. Had two versions, a mobile and desktop on the same page in the same container group. Eventually, after tearing apart the page 8 times over two hours, I figured I needed to separate the mobile version and desktop version into their own groups and align them vertically.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Yep, I’ve had the same issue before when groups aren’t aligned which causes the white spaces and have spent a solid amount of time going through the app to make sure everything is aligned correctly. Going to troubleshoot a bit more to see if I can find the issue.

@J805 I assume it was a similar issue that caused your problem unless you have any other suggestions.

There are a lot of factors when it comes to removing all the white space. You really have to be a good detective to figure out exactly what it causing the issue. Here are some things to check:

1. Make sure no groups are overlapping each other, stack them like Legos instead.
  2. Make sure there are no invisible elements on the screen causing overlapping issues.
  3. Make sure all groups checked to collapse when hidden.
  4. Look through your elements list to make sure there is nothing hiding underneath your elements causing the groups to not collapse.

Hope that helps a little bit, if you need some more help check out www.NoCodeMinute.com :blush: Here is a video on collapsing all groups.

1 Like

Thanks again @J805 & @boston85719 . Looks like I wasn’t careful enough as of course it was due to one of my groups being slightly misaligned (despite being ‘sure’ they were ok). Only took 3 hours to figure it out!

Issue resolved now, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Glad you figured it out! Good Job!

“Debugging is like being the detective in a crime movie where you are also the murderer.” - Filipe Fortes

Keep up the good work! :blush:

1 Like