Compare Bubble with Webflow, Wix, Squarespace and Instapage

Hey Bubblers,
we have created this page to compare Bubble with Webflow, Wix, Squarespace and Instapage.
If you have any feedback or if we’ve made any mistakes would love to hear those :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-Code Development Services

1 Like

Nice! What about MS PowerApps, OutSystems …? What do you mean by ‘automated servers’?

hi Tomaz!

MS PA and OS are low-code platforms (not non-code platforms), and this comparison is focusing primarily on no-code.

Automated servers here means that you’re getting cloud based hosting in the bundle, that can be used to take care of both, running the small instance of the application and scaling it when the time comes.

Cheers!
Vlad Larin
Co-Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hm, the difference between the low-code and no-code is quite subtle, if there is any at all (please see this article https://www.wavemaker.com/rad/no-code-vs-low-code-different/, for instance). I tested OutSystems and PowerApps (and Wix and others) , but there is no code in either of these (however, in some of them you can extend the functionality with JS). You can of course define the terms “no” and “low” as it suites you, but at the end the users and developers will decide from their own experiences, so this could all be a buzzword thingy.

However, Bubble really has a very nice and fresh approach, amazing sense about “small developers”, and I really hope that the team will succeed in keeping up with various wishes and development styles. With its qualities it convinced me to include it in some of my classes to provide students with RAD tool.

Your comparisson is interesting, people need to have an objective and wide focus (this sounds like an oxymoron :grinning:).

2 Likes

I might add …

Appery.io

Thanks, Nigel, we’ll look into those!

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Appery.io is what I used before Bubble, is it very much no-code then oh-my-lots-of-code when you want to do something tricky. Then you are pure JS.

Weld had loads of promise, but Bubble has moved faster. One to watch.

1 Like

:slight_smile:that’s a valueable insight about those tools, Nigel, we’ll definitely check them out! :slight_smile:

Why would you compare Bubble to Wix and Squarespace et al. though when they are simple flat website builders and not complex web application builders like Bubble?

They are completely different products. It’s like comparing an elephant to an ant.

1 Like

Because people are asking how Bubble is different from those tools.
thanks,

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it is important to differentiate.

Even with Bubble templates it isn’t as easy to smash together a landing / holding page in Bubble as it is in Weebly or Strikingly.

1 Like

That’s my point, zero code web application builders and zero code landing page builders like Wix produce completely different end products.

You can’t build a web application in Wix so a comparison is not valid. It’s like comparing Medium with Hootsuite and then asking which is the better Social Media Management system.

2 Likes

Oracle APEX and Knack are what I used before looking at Bubble.

1 Like

Yes, WE know that. But at first glance it may not be obvious as they are both website builders “on the tin”.

Wix is faster, simpler, and you will certainly get something great looking. But you can’t turn it into a web app.

Bubble will be a steeper learning curve, may take a bit longer, but ultimately is extensible as your idea grows.

Some sort of “gartner” style grid would be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I get your point - I just think it’s almost insulting to compare Bubble with Wix. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, agreed, they are not the same thing at all. They just might seem that way, which is not helpful.

2 Likes

Weld had loads of promise, but Bubble has moved faster. One to watch.

And unless I missed something, Weld’s least expensive option is for small enterprise at $750/mo, which is way out of reach for most individuals and small businesses.

:open_mouth:

It used to be $16 a month !

I think a better example would be to look at Wix Code which might compete with Bubble.is in the future.

yes, Wix.Code looks interesting but they are still in Beta. I have requested an access - will let you know when accepted.
Thanks!

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

1 Like