Converting a bubble list of things to a JavaScript array

Hi Bubblers,

I am new to JavaScript, so this is (hopefully) an easy one:

I am trying to get a list of uniqueIDs into my Javascript as an array, but it does not seem to work. What do I do wrong?

I am using the Toolbox Plugin.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Nicola,

Here’s what I usually do for an array of strings from Bubble lists:

var exerciseGroups = ["Current User's Medial Issue's Exercise Groups's unique id :join with "","""];

To break that down since the :join with can be confusing. After selecting :join with you will be prompted to enter something. You will type:

","

and it will add another set of double quotes around it once you hit enter. The array begins with [" and ends with "]. What is happening here is that the [ ]'s provide the array. Then we manually provide the first double quote to go around the first value of the list. The :join with then provides the closing double quote of the first value, then (if there is another item in the list) a list separating comma, and then the next opening double quote. This continues until the end, where we manually provide the closing double quote of the last value.

Good luck!

–Ken

Looking to accelerate your app development?

Development of Advanced Apps at https://uniqueideas.com or schedule a free intro session :gift:

Ken Truesdale
LinkedIn

8 Likes

Thank you Ken! This works perfectly :smile:

1 Like