Copy/Pasting with workflows of a deleted element will remove custom workflows

Hey crew,

Just a tip: if you copy/paste with workflows after you deleted an element (I wanted to move it so I did “copy with workflows”-“delete element”-“paste with workflows”) the paste will work but you will lose your page load workflows, custom events and do when a condition is true workflows.

Didn’t notice the first time, closed the browser, cost me a few hours to put everything back together. It won’t bring up issues because the paste actually works. Make sure you copy, paste THEN delete.

Hope that saves someone some headaches.

1 Like

Update. Deleting the original element at anytime will actually break it (deleting all of my custom workflows, conditionals and page load stuff). I put it in a focus group, I’m not sure if that makes any kind of difference.

Turns out copying the entire app and THEN deleting the original won’t break it.

@Bubble Is it true then that when you copy/paste with workflows within an app, you NEED to keep the original element somewhere on the app?

I submitted a bug report, but the updated info isn’t in it so I’m moving this to the bugs category.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.