Copy users database to another app

Hello,

Thank you for all your support so far. Amazing community!

I need some help with my users database. I have just created a new app based on a template and I would like that the users of my previous app could access this new one.

Therefore, I need to clone my Users database from the old app to the new one, in order to migrate my current users, so that they can use their login credentials in the new app.

How can I do that?

Thank you!

Felipe

If you are on a paid plan, you can export from the Data tab, and upload to the new app.

–Ken

1 Like

I think that is true for all types of data, except for user credentials, especially user password. Bubble security settings prevent this specific data to be exported.

I am wondering if there is a way to move user credentials data (including password) from Bubble-to-Bubble app.

Felipe

I have the same exact question, have you figured it out?

I never tried it yet. But as far I learned, what about creating API for the existing app and get data anywhere else. Since there is a option in API tab inside settings.

I found the below but I don’t want to continually use the old main app but move and deactivate the old app: Moving user accounts from one app to another app

1 Like

It also made me thinking what would I do in this case for my app.

I would first let the users log in to my new app using their existing credentials. Then send them email (may be after few days) saying as a security concern they need to update their old password.

Ofcourse by explaining the fact why they should do that. Or during login or inside new app there could be an alert or notification message can help.

Depending in the situation approach might vary. But the process must be smooth so they don’t feel negative. As without users concern password can’t be changed we can build functionalities to make it simple.

What do you think? What is going on in your mind let us know. It with help others to find a solution.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this is a similar road that we will go down as we are rebuilding the interface totally, it would be simple to explain to users.

-L

1 Like

Hey guys, I had the same question. I was thinking of doing it in this way:

1. Duplicate your current app and reupload user data (this i guess doesn’t save the passwords)
  2. Once the new app is ready, put up a redirection banner on the old app to upgrade them to a new experience (this will redirect them to the new app and ask them to reset the password)

The only issue I see with this is, I have made a lot of relations to the database on my current app. I’m afraid it’s going to break everything!

Any luck on this?