I spent 2+ hours on a plugin and when Chrome crashed it was wiped clean. No headers, no elements, nothing. It like I just started. Now I’m pissed. I never had this issue before, so I imagine this might be a rare bug.
@JamesW Sorry to hear you are running into issues and lost latest modifications in the plugin editor. While you can revert to a previously published version for plugins, continuous backup points for plugin editors is a popular request and we aim to add this soon. In the mean time, if this becomes a recurring issue, please submit a bug report with any patterns you see like changes in the app editor that makes the browser crash. Our engineering team will use the same test conditions for further investigation.
This was a new plugin with no versions at all. I never had time to create a “first version” so there’s nothing to recover. The context was this:
- A new plugin was created using Chrome on Windows 10.
Chrome version: Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Cannot upgrade (blocked by policy)
- Opening the test app seems to work fine.
- While using the test app for the plugin, I press F12 to refresh the console. As it refreshes Chrome crashes.
- The plugin had no category selected yet, and no license setting.
I imagine it crashed during a save perhaps. What’s interesting is that this never happened at home, but only on my company laptop. It always crashes debugging in Chrome now, which is probably a Chrome bug. The subsequent crashes didn’t wipe out the plugin yet.
I just realized a crash happened before on this work laptop and I submitted a bug to Google to help them resolve an iframe issue with Chrome. That issue was opening PDFs inside an iframe. One of the plugins on the test page uses an iframe (but not for PDFs).
Using a debug tool for Chrome dump files I see this again:
Loading unloaded module list ...... This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it. The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr. (4518.6aa8): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available) *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for ntdll.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for KERNELBASE.dll ntdll!NtDelayExecution+0x14: 00007ffa`90ecb024 c3 ret
Which is the same/similar access violation error on this same version of Chrome last time. Google confirmed the bug and is working on it.
I created a new test page for the plugin and it works (doesn’t use an iframe).
This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.