Creating Payment Schedule with Repeating Group

I am trying to create a loan payment schedule. I can get information from input boxes and plug it into a repeating list easy enough but only one entry at a time per mouse click and I want the whole list to populate on one click or automatically without a click when data is entered. The user inputs the balance due, the number of payments desired, and the payment amount but the program needs to calculate each months changes for the list.

The issue is that I need to enter data into the first line of the repeating list, subtract the next payment from the balance due for each successive item, and stop listing items when the amount reaches zero. It should look like this:

The list should not list negative numbers or keep going if there are a different number of payments as each loan will be different. It should list only the payments that make sense as shown above. I can’t figure out how to populate the list this way. I am new and have searched for days on the forum but please forgive me if its easier to do that I thought. I do have the date calculating properly (though can’t remove the time yet) but can’t get the list to populate all the payments but without extra payments with negative numbers.

@emmanuel could we have Some sort of Loop function for this? Given users have individual capacity now and if they overload the system with silly scripts it will affect only them, maybe Bubble could allow loops?

Hi @milo,

Check out this example I built in the link below. You’ll need to install the Toolbox plugin so that you can use the List of Numbers element. Set the start number to 1, the end number to the value of the Payment Number input, and increment by 1.

The repeating group is set to type number, and the source is the value of this List of Numbers element. Then use the values from the inputs to display your results.

1. The current cell’s number
  2. Payment amount input’s value (doesn’t change)
  3. I have what would be a hidden input (visible now in the sample link) to calculate the amount to subtract by plus the text displaying the result for balance.
  4. Same concept for date: a hidden input to calculate the amount to add months by and then the text displaying the resulting date.

Check it out and let me know if this helps. There might need to be some adjustments to avoid negatives if someone enters in a larger number of payments for a smaller loan. For example, if you have 5 payments of a hard $200 for $500 loan, it’ll show negatives because it’ll get paid off sooner… but maybe you can take what I’ve done from here and adjust. One thought is to add a condition on the List of Numbers element when the input values are going to result in negative… you can change the ending number so it cuts it off.

Preview:https://coachingbubble.bubbleapps.io/version-test

Editor:https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=coachingbubble&tab=tabs-1

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

2 Likes

Brilliant! Thank you so much.

Hey! great solution!

I had the same need!

Just wondering, now, if I would like to visualize EVERY payment from every user on a repeating group, where each column is the year’s each month, how could I make that happen?

Because I would need a recuring search, for every payment happening each month automatically and display it in each month’s in order to make it dynamic!

Hi @romanmg - Is it still available…

Hello @romanmg! Is this example still available? Could you please post it again? Thank you in advance!

don´t show anymore