Creating Social Photo Apps with Bubble

Hey guys,

I’m all new to Bubble, but I don’t think I was ever more excited to be able to build something.

I really want to know if and how it’s possible to make Social Photo App’s inside Bubble, think of making a picture, messaging it, that then does something ( like Snapchat but the old single function of sending a photo that then disappears.)
I’m trying to build a Social Photo App project I have in my head for ages now, but inside Bubble the only thing I see is the ability to upload a pic, then choose the take a photo function.

Can you build anything else then this? Is there a way to exclude this option and go straight to the camera? and have it do simple functions (for example making the photo disappear)
If not, is it possible to use code to make social photo/camera apps inside bubble? Where do you actually put this code inside Bubble?

Also, I know Bubble not does support Push notifications yet, but does it support the push function for messaging inside the bubble app itself? For example, can my app send a picture or a message to a contact that has this same app installed and have this be pushed to him? like any other messaging app.

Not being much of a Snapchat user, I am not quite sure what you mean by the photo part.

The “in app” push messaging is certainly possible, and you can “watch” for certain fields changing on the database, so you can push a “you have a new message” popup or just have a count change.

I started one, but I couldn’t give output to the image, you know blend the text to the image…

Well, currently Bubble only has the ‘‘upload a picture’’ function, where you get a popup that prompts users to either upload a picture, or use the camera to make one.

I was wondering if you could build anything other then this, for example going straight to open the camera (without getting that popup of asking whether they want to upload a picture)?

I’m just trying to figure out whether I could use Bubble to build simple photo messaging apps that do different stuff.

Regarding the Push, if I message the photo to another user, will they be able to get the push in front of their phone? like for example when you message someone on Whatsapp, they get that messaged pushed to the front of their screen.

Care to share your app? Just out of curiousity of building photo apps with bubble.

1 Like

I can do asap - Bubble is blocked in my work’s firewall.
Just realize it was my first app here, so its very basic - it was more a self learning exercise.

1 Like

You could push to the front of YOUR app. So a popup when a message was received.

Making a push notification like Android/iOS … without a third party app I don’t think it is currently possible. You could send an SMS or Email.

1 Like

Were you able to make the photo’s disappear like the Snapchat’s function?

I think it would be awesome to be able to build such photo apps with Bubble.

I see, that makes sense, are you able to access the phone’s vibration function or sound with it?

Wow, seems that I come so late to this thread, Are you talking about photo apps? I’m so curious as I’m a photographer so often use many photo editing app. I’m really looking for your product as my current app ( Photo Studio Pro ) can’t satisfy all of my demand. Good luck