Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Croppie - element plugin to crop and zoom images before upload

Hi @mishav

Thanks for this great plugin. I am implementing it now in a mobile site and noticed something out of the ordinary.

When i load a picture to the croppie and rotate the phone to go into landscape mode the picture that i loaded disappears.

I load it again and rotate the phone to go on portrait mode and the picture disappears again.

So every time I rotate the phone the picture goes away and I have to load it again over and over again.

Is this a normal behavior of the plugin?

Thanks,
Neysha

Hi @neysha

This would happen if the croppie element gets told to update, and its settings are different from before the device rotation.

I don’t see that happening on the below example, with both a Samsung Ace 3 / Chrome and iPad2 / Safari.

Which phone OS/browser are you using?

Does it happen with your phone on the following page? https://croppie-another-example.bubbleapps.io/version-test

If the above page works, have a look at its settings to compare to what you have … https://bubble.is/page?name=index&id=croppie-another-example&tab=tabs-2

Hi @mishav

With your help I figured out why I was having the behavior that I described in my last post. When I set the page “Make this element fixed-width” to true the croppie does not goes blank again when i rotate the phone. But if it is set to false it will go blank.

Try it with the example page that you sent me. I’ll be waiting your reply.

Thanks,
Neysha Borrero

Thanks for setting this up, I see the same behaviour now.

One workaround is to set the croppie element as fixed-width, so that it doesn’t get resized on screen rotation.

Hi there. Newbie here.

I’m trying to create a simple profile picture, where the user clicks on top of the image and the picture uploader is prompted for them to upload their profile picture. I was able to achieve that using bubble standard picture uploader, but the image is not cropped (of course). I learned about croppie, but I don’t see to get it working properly.

Is croppie a standalone plugin or for it to work, it has to work in conjunction with bubble’s picture uploader?

Thanks

Hi @luiz

Croppie is a standalone element, but you’ll need to integrate it with your own workflow and your own buttons.

See the steps on the first post of this topic.

Thanks @mishav. I was able to make it work short after I sent the message. :slight_smile:

Hey @mishav

There seems to be a bug on the Croppie element at the moment, I’ve tried using the latest version in a fresh app to upload and save a photo, but it doesnt seem to render when loaded with an image.

Here is the preview:

And the Editor:

Cheers,

Correction - seems to be all working now, sorry think this was an issue my end with my DNS or VPN connection causing the issue.