Custom Dropdowns - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Bubblers!
We have just published an awesome plugin that will let you create beautiful custom designed drop down lists. Use one of the built-in themes, or configure custom design. Some of the parameters include - background and font colours, border width, indents, rounding, arrow size. Total over 20 parameters to let you create your very own perfectly designed dropdown list. You can even open or close drop down list from a workflow!

Here is the screenshot:

Demo and plugin links can be found here:

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

5 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to look at this yet but I have a question. I’m using a few dropdowns to filter RGS and after you’ve changed the selection and changed it back to no selection the placeholder text disappears. It’s a minor nuisance but if this fixes that problem then that’ll be great.

Is there a way to have a dynamic list but also a “no selection” option that can be replaced with text. I need this for my use case.

just realized we haven’t implemented placeholder for the custom dropdown, we’ll try to do that and i’ll post here if successful

you can define a dynamic list using Bubble experssion, then hit enter and on the next line write something like
this is a disabled option --disable
so that would appear in the list but won’t be clickable/selectable
is that what you meant?

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

The placeholder is what I’m looking for. Since the options in the dropdown would be to filter a repeating group there needs to be a way to go back to having nothing selected in the drop down so that the repeating group is no longer being filtered. The problem with the standard dropdown is that when you select “nothing” (assuming dropdown must not be empty isn’t checked) the placeholder disappears, which is a bit weird.

We have just pushed a fix with placeholder and made sure placeholder appears back when the dropdown value gets cleared.

you can give it a try here:

and here:
https://plugindemo.bubbleapps.io/version-test/custom_drop_down?debug_mode=true

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

2 Likes

Awesome. Just subscribed. Thanks very much.

Can changing the value trigger a workflow?

Placeholder only shows up when static choices are written in. When you use a dynamic list it auto-populates a default value and going back to the placeholder isn’t an option.

While I see this being a great addition and it looks great! US$7 (AU$10) a month for a drop down element is crazy!! Can you imagine if we had to pay for customised drop downs, radio buttons, and other elements just to get a bootstrap feel, we would be paying more than US$50 a month just for the basics!

3 Likes

we’ve just pushed a fix, please upgrade the plugin version, refresh the browser and try again.

hmm, i thought that these inputs should act exactly like standard Bubble inputs, but the workflow “do when input value is changed” appears only when you add one of the default Bubble inputs…

@emmanuel is this by design or a bug?

Thanks!

1 Like

it’s by design, you should build this if you need it

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Plugin pricing model

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Plugin pricing model

a gif to demo plugin’s features:
custom%20dropdowns

1 Like

Hey, everyone! :wink:

We’d like to inform you that we have updated the Demo page :slightly_smiling_face:

DropdownGIF

Now it looks like our new website design. Hope you’ll like it :wink:

If you have any quiestions regarding the plugin please feel free to reach out to us!

Best,
ZQ Team.

This doesn’t appear to change the font size of the dropdown choices. Is that correct? That’s what I’m looking for.

Hi @gnelson, thanks for your question.

To change the font size of the dropdown choices, please change the value within the following option:

Hope it helps. Please let us know if we can help with anything else related to our plugin :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team