"desktop" view for mobile users

Hello everyone.

I am building an internal site for my company. So far i have the pages setup to a standard 1200px wide for all pages. i also have responsive for mobile off because it would throw all the forms out of wack. but now when a user loads the page on mobile it shows half of it which can be zoomed out to show the full contents of the page.

I was wondering is there a way to force mobile users to load the full desktop version? if i use chrome for android and turn on show desktop site, it works how i want it to. the full width is displayed on the screen fully zoomed out. is there a way to achieve this for mobile without the user having to press that option?

Thanks.

There is, when I get home I can copy and paste the code to put in for you, im looking on the forum and cant find the post at the moment.

1 Like

I think this is what makes it work:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no"/>

Put this under “Script/meta tags in header” in Settings > SEO / meta tags and let me know if that works.

1 Like

thanks for the info but that one didnt work for me. it made it full page but i wasnt able to zoom out. i need it to auto zoom out and become full page size…

Hmm. It worked for my app. I can look again and see what I’m missing. I have it working on mine. I just can’t remember what else I did to get it to work.

any luck on this?

Thanks.

PS: not sure if this only works for maybe apple devices? i was testing using chrome on android.

Maybe someone else has some suggestions since for some reason what I suggested doesn’t work. Any other ideas bubblers?

I have my site change the with and adjust everything according to it. I had the same problem and that was the best solution I found. It works great. I don’t need to worry about optimization for mobile too much as it will for most fit.

1 Like