Differences between Professional, Team, and Production plans?

@Bubble,

• Do the Professional, Team, and Production plans get the same amount of reserved capacity or is there an increase in capacity as the plan increases?
  • If the Team or Production plans have sub-apps, do those sub-apps get their own reserved capacity or is it shared with all of the apps under that plan?
  • Is the sub-app’s database only visible to the owner of the sub-app, or can it be limited to only their access, so I am unable to view their data?
2 Likes

Hi @neerja, could you help with my questions?

@Kfawcett Professional plans and above get the same 2 reserved capacity units. Sub-apps are like any other app and use their own capacity units. If the owner of the main app is a collaborator on sub-app, they can see the database.

1 Like

Just to make sure I’m understanding.

For the ability to have sub-apps and a few extra collabortors it costs an extra $100 per month to go from Professional to Team with no increase in processing/capacity?

Then, on top of that, each sup-app has to be separately paid for?

@Kfawcett That is correct. This model usually works for multi-tenant apps where you (the app owner) would be the only one with access to main-app and and you push to sub-apps where each client only sees their sub-app. The cost is therefore only main app for you with sub-apps for clients.

Thanks, just seems like a huge premium for such little additional features.

I already have to add 7+ units to the Professional plan for my app to run without risk of going “over capacity” and Bubble killing all workflow – and yet it’s still pretty slow loading pages.

So just for the ability to push to sub apps, it’s $100 more.

Then, I’ll more than likely need each client to spend $250 plus per month for their sub app to ensure it doesn’t go “over capacity” or have any type of acceptable page load time.

Does this not seem like an absurd amount of money for such seemingly poor performance?

I do use a lot of API workflows, but as someone who’s built many systems for websites/apps over the years using DO, Linode, AWS, and other services, this is just horrible performance.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, how many clients/users do you currently have using the main app? You don’t necessarily need to answer that question but maybe if you allocate a subapp to each of your clients/users, you may not need as much as 7+ units for each application. Less users should allow each application to run much smoother.

@Kfawcett If the main issue here is performance, we are happy to review a bug report for your app for page load time and workflows that max capacity - our engineering team can investigate if there is something being done inefficiently.

None, still in development! That’s the really sad part.

Thanks @neerja. I’ll probably do that. It’s only part of my concerns though and not the main reason I created this post. Due to a third party’s API data policies I’m trying to figure out a solution that would allow me to get verified. The sub app direction is probably the way I need to go, but the cost seems prohibitive.

1 Like

I would only use a subapp if the only client concern is database/resource sharing.

I would offer a subapp for a premium with the feature of reserved capacity and dedicated database.

By default I would put them in the main app and boost capacity there. There might be clients that consume less resources than others and you might benefit from having them in the main app sharing that capacity.

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to recommend. You could structure a pricing model in such a way that only allows those that are willing to pay a premium price access to their own sub-app. You could then state the premium price plan offers a ‘white-label’ solution. Something I’m actually planning on doing.

1 Like

@JonL and @jamesbond, I’m not arbitrarily looking at sub apps or wanting to manage users outside of my main app. Gmail has put in place very restrictive User Data policies and I’m looking for some type of solution. Although I may not be able to serve personal gmail users I may be able to serve G Suite Business users if they are housed within their own app.

Google’s policies require that only the Owner and users within a G Suite domain have data access.

More background here:
Just an FYI if you are thinking of connecting to gmail in your app .

1 Like