Does Bubble support iframes?

A lot of people are building mobile apps and need a solution to having the mobile app look decent enough for desktop browsers.

One possible solution would be to apply an iframe to a site and embed the Bubble app (with mobile width and height) in the iframe.

Has anyone tried this? Does Bubble support iframes? Does anyone know a good website builder that will support iframes? I think Wordpress only supports iframes from certain sites, but not Bubble.

Another option would be to just simply have a second Bubble App that does API calls to the mobile App, but Bubble no longer allows 2 apps on the same account for free.

People are clearly looking for options. Bubble hasn’t been good with addressing this issue.

1 Like

TThis works fine. You must first enable iFraming in your app’s settings. It wouldn’t in general be desirable for apps to default to being iFrameable, so it’s an option you must enable. See settings tab.

(I have an app that makes widgets that are embeddable anywhere one can embed an iFrame, so I know this works.

Note: because allowing iFraming is a web-server level thing — and we don’t have fine-grained control over our apps’ servers — enabling this option makes any page of your site iFrameable.)

2 Likes

Do you know a website builder that supports Bubble in iframes? According to Wordpress documentation, they only support sites they have on their iframe list, and Bubble is not on that list.

This can’t be true. Any generic HTML element in any web builder thing will render <iframe>some_iframe</iframe> just like it would render <p>some paragraph</p>.

What you’re reading my refer to some special type of element in Wordpress or to a fancier oEmbed type of capability. In that case don’t use that thing, use a generic HTML thing.

2 Likes

Hey @keith

Thanks for clarifying these details, I know this post is a little dated, but relevant.

So just to confirm, there isn’t anyway at the moment to just allow certain pages on an app, it has to be on an entire app? I don’t mind this, but I’ve seen in the documentation its not really advised, just wondering your take from a security/privacy view:

Note that this can have consequences on your application’s security.

Cheers

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s all or nothing. You and I probably have the same issue. It’s not really a “security” issue, more of an IP / functionality one. If you allow something to be iFramed from your Bubble app, what you are allowing is for ANY page to be iFramed.

We should probably report as an RFE, but it’s unlikely to be fixed. (Bubble offers no server-level customization for anything and likely does not intend to.)

1 Like

Appreciate the reply/info.

Yeah I think your right, its maybe something too niche for Bubble to further improve and restrict iframe capabilities. I’ll roll with the ‘Allow all iframes’ option.