Domain setup issue

I setup an internal domain and then tried to remove it and now it just keeps telling me that the domain (that I tried to remove) is not available. How do I reset it back to the original “appname.bubbleapps.io” setting?

I’ve already deleted the domain name.

Still looking for the custom domain.

What happens when you type in appname.bubbleapps.io? Because your third screenshot looks like it’s responding properly if you removed the custom domain.

when I typed the URL as the bubble URL it redirected to the custom URL I setup and thus the third screenshot. It seems to be resolved at this point. The easy workaround is wait overnight for things to reset. The quicker but not so ideal workaround is to duplicate the entire site.

Thanks for your help…

1 Like

I’m having an issue with my custom domain as well. I have tried numerous times to remove it and replace it with the original domain, but no luck. I want my custom domain so I can host my site elsewhere. I’m leaving Bubble for multiple reasons and this issue certainly doesn’t encourage me to stay. Any ideas on how I can reclaim my custom domain? Possibly just delete the app it’s attached to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

1 Like

I have the same issue. Going back to the bubble test domain should be urgently added since if you fail to configure your custom domain, you just can’t continue developping and testing (preview) your app on Bubble !

1 Like
  • solved - see below *
    Same problem here.
    Tried removing the domain and also tried to add the domain as appname.bubbleapps.io (it then shows a warning that the domain is the same as Bubble’s native domain.

It’s not a broser-caching problem as i’ve even tried a new browser (which hadn’t been used ever before) (@emmanuel pointed to this as a solution in another similar forum thread). Even the new browser redirects to an external domain.

• solved *:
    A “delete domain” option appeared a couple of minutes ago. This solves the problem.
    Make sure you do a deploy after you’ve deleted the domain!

Ok, this is just ridiculous. I just tested what would happen including a domain and then deleted it just to know that now I can’t keep testing my app because the development preview doesn’t work.
Terrible experience!

1 Like