Drag n' Drop Help

I’ve been successfully using the Drag n’ Drop Plugin just for dragging but now I come to use it with a drop zone I am struggling to understand how to construct their workflows. The docs say:

If you want the workflow to be able to take an entry from the database, define the type of the thing here. If this field is set, the thing will be the data source of the dropped group. If there is a mismatch between the type defined here and the type of content of the dropped group, the workflow will not run.

The problem is, and I’m guessing this is quite common. I don’t want to copy data from one thing to the same thing, I want to copy it to another. In this case I am copying an image url from the dragged group to the drop zones thing’s url. Same field, different thing. Just can’t figure out how to do it without throwing non-matching thing errors.

TIA

Answering my own question and for the benefit of anyone with the same problem, the solution is this:

In the workflow action,

Your_Destination_Field = Current Workflow Your_Source_Thing Your_Source_Field

Don’t you often find that you struggle all day to avoid asking a dumb question on a forum then as soon as you post it the answer comes to you?!!!

2 Likes