Dynamic content blocks according to button

Hi guys,

I’m a bit of a newbie but loving Bubble so far. Very confused about displaying dynamic content though!

I’m not sure how to share my app so here are a couple of screenshots of what I’d like to achieve:

…continued:

Hopefully it’s self-explanatory when you read the text inside each block, but let me know if you need any more info.

I’ve tried creating Things/Types but can’t figure it out yet.

Many thanks in advance for any tips!

Cheers,

Paul

Simply put, in your database, a Problem must have some sort of relationship to a Solution (or perhaps even a list of Solutions) that answer/solve that particular Problem. In this way, you can (regardless of the user interface you come up with) match a Problem with its Solution.

There are many many different ways you might structure these objects, depending upon what this feature you’re building is.

Regardless, I’d recommend creating a Problem as its own datatype and, at a minimum, it would look like this:

And then a Solution (at a minimum) would also be its own datatype and look like this:

And so, now if you have a Problem, you can search for the Solution that solves it:

Do a search for… Solutions (constraint: Solves Problem = the_Problem_in_question)

It’s not very hard to build. Examine this project. (Pro tip: There are a lot of cool little tricks in here, actually.) Here’s the live version:

https://lets-solve-problems.bubbleapps.io/

Note that once I built the index page, I just cloned that and added a couple of features to make an “Admin” type page. Note that in a real deployment, such a page would only be for logged in Users who are Administrators, of course.

And here’s the editor (anyone can view):

Hey @keith,

Thanks so much for showing me this, it’s really helpful.

Can I check my understanding of the 2nd & 3rd workflows?

I’m trying to wrap my head around the sentence below, particularly the use of ‘Selected’ state:

The trigger says, “Only when RepeatingGroups Problem’s Selected is [not] Current cell’s Problem”

I see that the ‘Selected’ state for the RG basically has ‘Problem’ as its type. I’m not sure what this really means and how it actually links with the event?

I’m a bit confused about States in general.

Transitions

I can’t figure out how you got the group to auto expand and do so with a gradual movement?

Many thanks again!

Paul

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.