Editable Data Table like Excel - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@mighty-matt - it allows both editing existing rows as well as adding new records. But not recording edits as new entries. Hope this helps. Please let me know

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it won’t work for this particular project, but I’ll certainly keep it in mind for future projects.

Can you use repeating groups within cells?

unfortunately not

we made a gif for this plugin to better demonstrate it’s features :slight_smile:

Hey All, excited to let you know that the price for this plugin has been reduced to $8/month or $80/once :slight_smile:

That GIF really helps me to understand @levon - I have a couple of questions:

1. Must the data source be a db table field or could it be a calculation?

2. Is it possible to make some fields visible in the grid but not editable?

I need to quickly build some invoice functionality for non-mobile devices and a grid is exactly the type of thing I would like. However, that would require:

• Ability to pick from a list of options (e.g. Products)
  • Ability to have a line total calculated from two or three other fields (e.g. Qty*Price-Discount) and that result should not be editable.
  • Ability to tick checkboxes for multiple tax rates that are to be applied

Would this plugin be suitable for that purpose?

1 Like

Thanks for the questions @patricia

at the moment it should be only table, but you can do the calculation in the db and then show it in the data table

we could add this feature if necessary

can you elaborate please?

see above

at the moment not implemented but we could consider adding this feature (if it’s feasible)

Thank you @levon

If I understand you correctly I would use the gird with auto binding on the fields. That would allow me to run a calculation when a value is changed and store the result to the DB and it would automatically appear on-screen without any need to refresh. Is that right?

Picking from a list of options would be like a dropdown so it might contain a list of products or services that the user’s business offers. In Zeroqode’s case if you were manually preparing invoices, you would select either Template or Plugin form a dropdown, then if you selected Plugin for that choice the next field would be a dropdown of all your Plugins.

The drop-down described above is single choice, and the checkboxes I mentioned are again a list of options but this time multiple can be selected. For example in some States in the US they apply multiple sales taxes (city, region, state, federal).

yes, we are planning to add actions “on click” and “on edit”

this looks quite complicated to implement, I’m afraid.

1 Like

We have just pushed an update with the following features:

• option to show a search field to search through data
  • ‘on click’ event
  • state ‘clicked object’s ID’
  • event ‘on field is changed’
  • state ‘last changed object id’
  • “search item” workflow action
1 Like

Hey @levon
I want to create an app where each user can create their own spreadsheet.

Can i implement an autocomplete from a data source?

You mentioned that the data source can be a calculation. Can a user input a number in a cell, and then a calculation will be performed in another cell? (Basically like in Excel).

Can the user export the data?

an autocomplete is not yet implemented but we can consider adding that feature
this plugin doesn’t work as a google spreadsheet, it’s simply for displaying data from a data source. At the moment you can’t have google spreadsheet as a data source for this plugin, it works only with Bubble’s database. So a user could input a number in one cell, then you would trigger a workflow to do calculations and update another field in the database and it would get displayed in the table.
you can export data by triggering a workflow and export data from the Bubble database not from the table that comes with the plugin.
Does this all help?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, this is what i need.

Could you update this thread in case the autocomplete will be implemented?

Hello,
we have just pushed an update to the plugin with the following additions:

1. Enabled autocomplete,
  2. action to force field types
  3. checkbox for yes/no fields
  4. fixed support of fields that contain lists

demo page: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=editable_grids&id=zeroqode-demo-04&tab=tabs-1
Thanks

Hi @levon I’m not sure that code push is working. The Data Type field setting in the plugin properties editor isn’t returning data types.

If I’m not doing something wrong, then something was broken while something else was being fixed, and it wasn’t picked up when you were testing it against your demo page instance.

there was no option to set data types manually before. We’ve just addd this, and it’s only if the db fields are empty and plugin can’t recognize the data types automatically. So if that’s not the case don’t set the data types (which are set through a workflow action)

Hi @levon
I don’t understand the words in your last post, sorry!
Here is the instructions from your plugin page:

There is one record in the table per the data screen in the back end

API binding is on

And in the plugin settings

but on my page, the area is blank.

did you enable API in the app settings as per the instructions? (expose data API)

Those settings are on, yes.

But the area is blank.