Editor so slow it is almost unusable

We have had large repeating group issues in the past as well, the issue was assumed that websockets does notify your browser if the item added is from another user. Its a bad antipattern though IMO.

I got some annoyed users come to me with issues this morning and indeed it seems there is a problem:

http://status.bubble.is/incidents/bspdh7xvp60j

editor is now also not loading for me.

same here. Editor is not loading.

same in melbourne, australlia

ah Im back YAY

actually thats a lie still not loading

Same here, saving is out and app is down.

its just gone from partial outage to major outage

I just got a major update for Firefox (called Quantum) and I have to say that the editor is behaving much better. I noticed more red ‘saving’ messages, but the memory leak is not nearly as big as it was before.

If you are having issues with hvaing to restart your browser because it becomes too slow, try the new FF browser!

1 Like

Im running the same, im glad ff sorted themselves out I felt like I was loosing an old friend for a while there.

Been fairly stable for a while now. Quantum looks very good.

I have mentioned this before, but has anyone else experienced the total lock up that can occur when you use the “Inspector” on debug mode.

All bubble tabs freeze, even the bubble home page.

Yes, I have this a lot and it is the worst on Chrome. At first I thought it had to do with the page size (elements), but even on pages with very few elements, I get the same lockups.

At least FF will eventually show what I clicked, but Chrom will just prompt the ‘wait or kill’ window and Safari just reloads the page (which is terrible when I’m in the editor in the same browser).

I thought it had something to do with the fact that my DB is much bigger now and it just takes too long to load everyting because I did not have this a couple months back.

Maybe the solution is to not load every single connected Thing for each Thing you are looking at in the debugger. RG’s are the worst!

Yes i also get this, but not in debug, I will grab 4 elements and on the 5th totally locks. The only thing that ive found to help apart from refreshing is to click the browsers task bar up top… weird but it works for me.

2 Likes

Have to say, things are pretty bad this week. Europe in the morning is doable, but around this time of the day and even well into the evening it is really frustrating.

Just wanted to mention this so there is a timestamp. In case others are having issues too.

New and interesting early morning EU/UK issue.

Editor will issue a “We have hit an unexpected problem” popup … and then it boots you out.

im in the UK and i’m also seeing the very same.this was popping up a couple of weeks ago. other browsers seem to exhibit the same msg… nothing in the logs.

Same problem, was using Chrome… Now using Safari and it’s much better/faster

is there any update on this

For debugging purposes, I’m in Washington DC and not having any of these issues. Windows 10 Chrome 64 (latest) and macOS High Sierra Chrome (latest)

1 Like

So this morning’s UK/EU interesting things club report …

Very slow

Can’t even delete (manually) 20 rows without it timing out
Can’t run an API workflow to update 100 rows without it resembling a 1980s mainframe batch job

Data Tab inconsistencies

Data tab shows no rows for a thing
However, there are clearly rows in there, as you can see them on the list of another thing, and if you create an admin page for the purpose it is there.

Delete numbers all over the place. Is it 50 … or 91 … who knows. I just press the button and hope.

Workflow Element not showing

I have a workflow with one database action. I now can’t make the Element popup appear so I can edit it. It works if you add a NEW action, you can edit the old one, but then as soon as you click away from the new workflow action that one won’t appear either. Closing and restarting the editor cured it. But it comes back.

1 Like