Element tree improvements?

Are you on the last version? We now let you only display hidden elements, which is basically what we had before

1 Like

Nice work! An elegant solution to the two main conflicting ideas on the structure. :+1:

2 Likes

@emmanuel on my app there are material changes between the old one and the new ‘only hidden’

In the old mode it was showing only the highest level of hidden elements. And when an element was clicked it would show it in the editor and show its hidden sub element in the tree, as a hierarchy.

Now all elements are displayed flat from the beginning, without hierarchy, which makes a pretty long list. (see screenshot above in the thread)

Easy to see groups within groups. Easy to see Hideable. Excellent on 27" screen. Love it. Stars: 5/5

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks @emmanuel!

Really like the progress made with the element tree and the community effort behind it! That being said, with the amount of changes to the editor pushed live just this week, I think it might be time to create an ‘alpha group’ to test new things out and collect feedback/tweak before they are live.

I know a bunch of Bubble users that don’t check this forum regularly, and they are continually surprised with things working differently since the last time they signed in. If the alpha group idea is too much technical lift or time-consuming, there could be a changelog in the editor that says ‘hey, this works differently now, head on over to the forum to see how it works.’

Great job everyone, love seeing Bubble get even more powerful.

3 Likes

To be quite honest, I think all of the input here made the element tree worse. You guys pushed alphabetical sorting at one point, which made it much easier to find things. What is the sorting order now?

1 Like

We decided to go for the order on the page, so that the header is at the top, the footer is at the bottom. If you need to search by name (which is the point of alphabetic order), you can use the top bar dropdown.

2 Likes

As for element tree improvements, I’d like to suggest the following.

Can the element tree and the search for element sections be combined into a new menu window with more options @emmanuel?
I have hundreds of elements on one page and it would be really cool to see them in some sort of explorer window view where I can see:

name of the element
type of element
Date it was created
Hierarchy it belongs to
Conditions applied to element

This would really make my life so much easier :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry for reviving this very old topic. Any chance, we can get another layer of folders in the elements tree? Similar to the way folders work in the workflow tab? i.e. you can group elements together that are not necessarily in the same Bubble Group. That would be extremely helpful, I think. Example: Header, Footer, Navigation into one folder which I would call “Navigation Elements” (just an easy example from the top of my head)