Feature Request: Create new page

In all my apps I have sometimes found myself in need of automatic creation of a new page. For example, if I have a stock website then I would want people to be able to access that specific picture through a unique URL. Or if I maybe have a review website then maybe people would like to share a specific URL with one company’s details.

My idea is that you should be able to use Create new page in the workflow tab and then maybe clone from example page ,.

I hope that Bubble will consider adding it :relaxed:
You are all welcome to support this feature request ! :clap:

1 Like

This is already possible.

Simply set up a page to be of a specific type. For example, create a profile page and have it’s type be User. Then anytime you create a new user, there will be one additional profile page automatically created.

The URL format for this would be: domain.com/page_name/id_of_user

If you’re struggle with this, I highly suggest you take a course on Bubble. This is somewhat basic compared to what Bubble is capable of, and taking a class is a great way to quickly learn how to take full advantage of all that Bubble has to offer.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Maybe you misunderstood [quote=“alvis, post:6, topic:10031, full:true”]
No you can not create unique pages with workflows, only manually at this point. I think that is what you want to acheive.
[/quote], I have already talked about the possibility with the community.

Some parts of your explanation are to general could you please explain more, because if your way is right i would love to know it ! :+1:

Discussion page: Create a new page from user information

There’s a way to have someone fill out a form (for example their name and profile information) and have them create a new page (for example a profile page for that user) based on a page template (perhaps named Profile).

I’d suggest watching the videos on https://bubble.io/home. I’m pretty sure one of them covers this topic exactly. It may require you to watch the initial video before it shows you the “hard mode” which is a more advanced video on the same topic.

If that doesn’t work for you for some reason, then check out this course: https://www.udemy.com/buildastartup/

I have worked with forms in many applications . I just do not understand how the new page is created when the user submits the form.

1 Like

Okay.

The way it works is the form creates a new row in your database. So, for example, you could have it create a new user, or a new company, etc. Let’s say you use a form to create a new company in your database. Use the form to collect data about the company and save it to your database.

Then, create a page called company profile. Set the page to type = Company. Then, create fields that are dynamic on the page, such as the company name. For example, the company name would be “Current Page’s Company’s Name” or something like that (depending on how you named the values in your database).

Then, if you want to view the version of the page for each company (including a new one that’s created in the form), then just go to youdomain.com/company/company-id where “company id” is the unique id for that company within the company table in your database.

Does this make sense?

2 Likes

Yes, you are creating “virtual” pages based on a single bubble page.

mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/lemon
mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/apple
mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/cherry
mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/banana
mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/whateverfruityouwanttocreate

The Bubble page is called BUBBLEPAGE.

Then when you go to mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/banana you actually go to the BUBBLEPAGE page but you can then read in the rest of the URL, so you can grab “banana” from the URL and find it on your database and then show a picture of a banana.

1 Like

You have asked this before in this thread.

The answer is still the same, it all relates to TEMPLATES!

Please go through the introduction videos and take the lessons. It will become clear what we are all on about.

1 Like

Yes it does , i think. :ok_hand:

This was a feature request, the other thing was a question. :wink:

Hello, I am trying to accomplish the same thing, but i couldn’t manage to get this nice urls, i can only get something like: http://mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/cherry-1542667826762x593035383549984800

I checked it doesn’t work with simply http://mydomain.io/BUBBLEPAGE/cherry

^^^ this is the point you’re missing.

(You’re conflating two different topics, believe it or not: “Readable/friendly URLs” and reading a path and taking some action based on what you find in the path.)

I don’t know that this will help you, as you probably need a more basic description / video about this, but I did a step by step explanation of a very similar idea (involving User names) here:

(In your case, you don’t need to do any fancy manipulation of the path argument, like I spent a bunch of time on in my example. But the basic technique is the same — snag the text from the path and then do some sort of search based on that value.)