Feature Request - Page Level "Push To Live"

Many times I find a significant issue that needs to be fixed along side a fix that is a much bigger project.

If the bigger project isn’t complete yet I must wait until it’s complete before I can push the small easy fix.

It would be good to be able to push page level fixes/updates to live instead of the entire application site-wide.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Production applications could really use some github like capabilities. A few specific areas where this becomes incredibly important include:

• While working on a big project, need a way to push a small bug fix or content fix even though large projects are underway.
  • When 2+ programmers are working on “code,” it’d be great to be able to push your code live or merge it was the master branch rather than coordinating with everyone and waiting until each developer’s features are completed and tested.
  • When 2+ “programmers” are working on code, it’d be nice to be able to revert one of the “programmers” code changes without impacting the others.
  • When doing anything with marketing related content such as landing pages, lifecycle emails, updated analytics tracking, etc. it’d be incredibly useful to be able to push changes / run new split tests without needing to wait and coordinate the release with code / feature changes.

These capabilities seem incredibly important with 2 developers and a live application. I would think they’re perhaps the most needed feature (even more so that site speed/performance) for teams with 3+ developers and a live application.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.