Fetching mobile users contact list

I want to build an app where I can offer a reward to the users when they invite their friends,
I want to fetch the user’s contact list from their phone and user will be able to select the friends they want to invite and the app will send an invitation text to those friends.

Is contact fetching something that will be, or even can be added to bubble?

When we’ll have native apps, probably. Until then, I don’t think it’s even possible, for security reasons. It’d be scary is a web app could get all contacts of the phone.

I’ve found this info

"There is no API in JavaScript to fetch the address book content in Mobile Web application BUT the PhoneGap have made it available through the plugins So they have exposed the Phone Contact list through Contact JS class,

Follow the below link to play with phone Contact list .

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.0.0/cordova_contacts_contacts.md.html
"
As we use phonegap to create the IPA file, what do I have to do to enable this feature in phonegap?

We’d have to add this as a plugin. We’ll get into this when we’ll be out of beta for native apps. Right now it’s a bit early.

1 Like

Hi Emmanuel,

I hope all is well.

Are there any updates on being able to send invites via text message in native apps?

Thanks,

Don M

Hey @emmanuel, just checking if this has progressed since March 2016?
Thanks in advance

Maybe you want to look into this, it’s a collective effort from us, users, into expanding the frontiers into the native mobile land. Check it out! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Vini. If I read correctly this fundraiser is still ongoing and we don’t have the solution yet, correct?

As @emmanuel mentioned 4 years ago that they’ll look into it, I thought perhaps they’ve created a more elegant way to do it in the meantime. Ultimately, it’s a nocode platform, so I imagine nobodoy wants the “final solution” to require use of 3rd party platforms like Jasonella and (what I saw in another thread) the need to use XCode.

Then again, if this is the current state of play, that’s what we’ll have to work with :slight_smile:

Yep, this is still ongoing (:
One of the goals is reducing manual labor tools as much as possible, if there’s the possibility to build apps in the cloud then that will be included in the flow.

Just following up on this. Any movement? I am building an employee referral web app and would like users to be able to add contacts from their phone when they are in their browser. @emmanuel had a good point about security. Just wondering if anything has changed?

Thank you!!

Nope, not yet. Will be at least a few months until I have something in that regard :yum:

2 Likes